Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia European Software & Engineering Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people, who create the largest ITC R&D in Poland. Our facilities in Wroclaw are located in three sites and accommodate one of the biggest test telecommunications labs in Middle and Eastern Europe. Apply and experience the adventure of a lifetime!!!
We're a young passionate team of developers who are trying to explore the great world of software development and are not afraid of taking new risks, using new methods,concepts, libraries, technologies or programming languages.
Serviceability & Automation unit is looking for a Software Developer to support cloud based automation solutions for Nokia Products and Services. We take advantage of the most advanced cloud based methodologies and technologies in Agile SW development.
You will be a member of a scrum team consisting of programmers, testers and DevOps engineers, developing cloud based automation solutions. You will have an opportunity to constantly develop your skills in IT and Telecommunications domains. You will work in a flexible, collaborative and friendly agile environment with a wide range of modern technologies. You will work in a Serviceability & Automation unit in Wroclaw, cooperating with other global teams in other countries.
Main responsibility area:
Overall responsibility for coding platform and application components. The work may involve creation of new software as well as usage of 3rd party off-the-shelf software products to modify and integrate them into the solution.
Close co-operation with domain experts, solution architects and delivery teams.
Responsibility for sharing knowledge in his/her own expertise area and giving input to process development, performing problem isolation and resolution. Applying knowledge and experience to determine root cause.
Familiar with the Big Data stack:
Advanced in Scala including writing external DSL
Apache Spark and Kafka
Use cases for distributed databases and K/V stores (e.g. for Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch HBase, CouchDB)
Big data file formats (e.g. Parquet, Avro)
Experienced in application programming:
Dependency management (e.g. sbt, maven, gradle, npm)
Bonus points for protocols (e.g. REST, OAuth 2.0, HTML5 Jade, CSS3 Less and Sass)
Basic experience in:
Linux, Bash and/or Python
Docker and/or Mesosphere stack
Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Crucible/Fisheye)
Nice to have: Cloud know-how of AWS REST APIs, Installation automation framework (Ansible preferred)
Effective and open communication
Ability to work in a global team, good interpersonal and teamworking skills
Responsible, well organized, committed and result oriented
Analytical thinking, creativity. Problem understanding and solving
Fluent written and spoken/conversational English is a must
- projects that are rapidly evolving and are not in the maintenance mode
- possibility to develop your skills in modern web technologies
- possibility to work according to the Agile methodology in an iterative development process
- flexible and friendly working environment in a team of young engineers
- possibility to develop your skills in multicultural environment
- working in effective environment with full automation of building and testing
- variety of projects in different technologies to choose from
- startup atmosphere
- on the job activities which revolve not only around project development (open source projects, H@ckathons - own initiatives development during brain storm programming - during work hours!)
- competitive salary + bonuses depending on performance
- medical care for you and your family
- flexible working time
- group life insurance
- relocation Support
- co-financing of nursery and kindergarten
- sport card, tickets to cinema, theater, opera, e-ticket
- tickets to cinema, theater, opera, e-ticket
- lunch card