Nigel Frank International - Global Leaders in Microsoft Recruitment
What does a Systems Engineer for Monitoring do?
In our company we believe in handling severity one incidents, working with improvements and applying monitoring for stabilization, security and performance being key success factors. We are also aiming to strengthen our end to end monitoring of infrastructure, applications, and business processes.
We are looking for a Monitoring Developer or Monitoring Tool Administrator who will be setting up, maintaining and configuring new monitoring solutions together with specialists and colleagues in the fields of infrastructure, applications and business processes.
Your responsibility is to ensure that the environment providing our services is delivered at expected level and with expected quality. The type of services we provide is:
- Platform/Infrastructure monitoring services
- Application monitoring services
- E2E transaction monitoring services
- Automation services
- Capacity/Performance/Availability services
- Reporting services
- Business view services
Your responsibility is to maintain and develop our services to meet business demands for functional requirements and within economic boundaries, standardization and harmonization of tools and solutions shall always be aimed for.
In this position you will work in regular schedule Mon-Fri 8h a day.
What will you do in practice?
- translate business requirements into reliable IT solutions independently
- plan and implement changes in cooperation with business
- apply Systems Administration best practices in every circumstances
- ensure that incidents will be solved promptly without any delays
- apply continuous improvement principles when administering systems and solutions/services
Who are we looking for?
- You hold an academic Degree in IT, Computer Science, engineering, science or mathematics with next to this actual certifications.
- You have strong technical skills, and hands-on experience in the area of Performance Management.
- You have a minimum two but preferably more of the following competences:
- A good understanding of basic infrastructure monitoring, system performance monitoring, as well as application performance monitoring (APM) and business process monitoring (BPM) and reporting (BPR)
- experience in setting up and maintaining monitoring tools e.g. Topaz, BMC Truesight, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk.
- experience working with Microsoft Windows, IBM AIX, Linux (Redhat, Suse etc), BizTalk, Web Logic and databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- ITIL experience, especially working with Event Mgmt, Incident Mgmt, Change Mgmt
- Good communication skills in English will help you in the daily dialogue with other colleagues in several European Countries and in the dialogue with our Central Monitoring Operations Center as well as our Service Management.
You need to have a “can-do” attitude and to get things done, you are not afraid to challenge our way of working and our solutions if you see a possibility for improvements.
You are a team player and willing to share your knowledge with your team members and that you are open and willing to learn new or extend you current areas of technical expertise.
Preferably, you also have experience with:
- Programing, Writing scripts in bash and powershell
- Cloud, MS Azure
We offer an exciting job where you can be involved in delivering high quality monitoring services that is providing a direct value to our business (reduced lead-time for incident handling, increased proactivity and reporting, automation and reduced cost). You will be in close contact with your counterparts/main stakeholders within IT organisation. Therefore, you will be from time to time required to travel internationally.