Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia European Software & Engineering Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people, who create the largest ITC R&D in Poland. Our facilities in Wroclaw are located in three sites and accommodate one of the biggest test telecommunications labs in Middle and Eastern Europe. Apply and experience the adventure of a lifetime!!!
- want to have a calm and not so challenging job
- are not keen on tackling new problems everyday
- don't like learning new technologies
- are generally tired of being a developer
- like wearing a suit to work
please don't come to us!
But if you said NO to all above statements – you definitely should continue reading!
We do the large scale software solutions here in NOKIA.
The hidden labs and secret tinkering approach are the past. Even when it comes to the SW development - the SW production line spans across large engineering organizations making your playground a vast research and design area. Our team works in the field together with the engineering organizations offering them large scale exposure for their solutions and real-life alike testing field resulting in quick reality check for each of the promising ideas.
Solution Designers do all the R&D work - from the idea selection, through prototypes assessment, design of the final architecture and deployment planning. We are operating within the SW engineering area - starting with the analysis of software integration performance and then working on the compilation process improvements, cloud based continuous integration process scaling or containers based automation of SW engineering platforms and so on.
Solutions Designers work on wide scale of inspiring projects taking care about the architecture and implementation of in-house developed tools. We welcome each status-quo challenging idea and give it proper attention. We are passionate about the cutting-edge solutions emerging on our desks which may support the development of NOKIA telecommunication solutions created at TC Wroclaw location - from the existing 2G /3G / 4G standards to the latest 5G. We are cultivating good work atmosphere within our self-organized team where daily collaboration across various project teams is encouraged helping us staying inspired and innovate when it matters most.
- cooperate with software development and integration engineers to design and implement proof of concepts, including designing and building necessary infrastructure, tools and libraries
- report and present developed solutions current status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing
- work with software engineering teams and other Solution Designers on creating next generation software production lines, improving continuous integration processes and tools, simplifying and introducing efficiency boost to existing solutions
- good history of successful Continuous Integration / SCM / DevOps or related SW development work in past software projects
- experience in planning, implementing and deploying CI solutions within multisite environments.
- good experience with Version Control Systems (GIT / SVN)
- experience in at least one scripting language such as Python or bash
- advanced knowledge of Linux / Unix platforms
- experience with software build systems and make
- experience with cloud based applications, multi-threaded design and parallel/distributed computing
- experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization
- experience in C/C++ development is a plus
- projects that are rapidly evolving and are not in the maintenance mode
- possibility to develop your skills in modern web technologies
- possibility to work according to the Agile methodology in an iterative development process
- flexible and friendly working environment in a team of young engineers
- possibility to develop your skills in multicultural environment
- working in effective environment with full automation of building and testing
- variety of projects in different technologies to choose from
- startup atmosphere
- on the job activities which revolve not only around project development (open source projects, H@ckathons - own initiatives development during brain storm programming - during work hours!)
competitive salary + bonuses depending on performance
- medical care for you/your family
- flexible working time
- group life insurance
- relocation support
- co-financing of nursery and kindergarten
- sport card, tickets to cinema, theater, opera, e-ticket;
- lunch card