Luxoft is a global leader in high-end software development.
Luxoft is looking for talents with a passion for technology & ready to create original solutions. Once on board, you are invited to expand your knowledge & skills, offering you a continuous learning experience helping you stretch your potential.
So if you’re enthusiastic by the idea of accessing cutting edge technology & innovation to make an impact, why don't you join us?
- Provide database (Teradata) administration, schema changes, configuration and environment database support
- Perform regular platform management routines including but not limited to database capacity, performance, purging, table and environment maintenance
- Set out the framework and standards and drive continuous improvement of the service offering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Individual Contributor (IC)
- Teradata experience
- Good SQL knowledge
- Experience: Database administration training
- Language: Fluency in English
- Attitude: Demonstrated eagerness to learn
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
- Problem solving attitude
- Demonstrated attitude to rapidly learn technical skills and processes
- Good interactive/customer service skills
- Process orientation
- 24 x 5.5 Shift work (may require rotation between shifts)
A key client is going through a significant organizational realignment while also addressing substantive regulatory audit remediation commitments. One of the major outcomes of these activities is the creation of a centralized Production Assurance team to manage all Change Management, Quality Assurance and Production Services capabilities for the division to resolve key regulatory concerns and provide a structure to drive enhanced production quality and stability, improve effectiveness and efficiency, standardize process and technology, and provide effective governance and control. The key elements of the project include:
- Strategic planning, organizational design and transformation planning
- Program/Project management of deliverables against key regulatory remediation commitments
- Building of a centralized "Production Services" organization supporting all production applications for the division
- L1 Service Desk
- L2 Support
- Database Administration
- Process standardization and enhancement
The project will be sophisticated and have very tight timelines against aggressive regulatory remediation commitments that must be progressed while building a new organization.
The total size of the IT division is approximately 1000 people supporting 400+ applications. The application environments are critical for the client as they generate core regulatory and business financial reporting. The Production Assurance team will be ~15% of the overall organization and will own Change Management, Quality Assurance and Production Services for the division.
- Teradata, DB2, Oracle, MS SQL
- Data Stage
- Lotus Notes Domino
- Mainframe, Unix, Linux, Wintel
You will be expected to provide your technology expertise to help strengthen the position of Luxoft as a strategic IT service supplier for the customer, with a range of services spanning from very complex and large-scale IT transformational initiatives to application support.