At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among - edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
Senior Networks Transformation Architect is responsible for developing network transformation solution and producing related documentation according to customer requirements and legacy and target network topologies. acts as subject matter expert in IP/MPLS domain in all parts of the solution - access, aggregation, core, working with NOKIA ION teams to ensure successful project delivery.
Main areas of responsibility
- Analyze customers technical & business needs, define migration requirements,
- Work closely with the client to establish network migration plans and priorities
- Develop and document migration strategy. Including technical and tooling solutions
- Develop migration tests strategy, lead migration POC, FOA and other solution verification activities
- Lead capability build activities of migration projects.
- Lead handover of migration project to BAU delivery team
- Act as SME during BAU execution. Lead issues solving processes.
- Cooperate with ION, ION SBU organization (CD,CE NTP, Design) during the migration project lifecycle as defined in RACI.
- work closely with IP technical support teams (TAC, R&D, Design)
- Liaise with product units on issues found and product roadmaps
- Work with NSDC Front Door team to review effort estimations, scope of works, technical risks associated in delivery of IP routing projects
- Collaborate with pre-sales teams to develop technical proposals and effort estimates
- Produce customer project related presentations.
- Lead improvement initiatives covering migration processes, strategies and tools
- Investigate/research/ market trends, networks technology changes/direction and incorporate them in NSDC migration solutions
- Ensure that Nokia information security practices are followed in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organization
Key Skills and Experience
- minimum of 15 years of relevant telecom experience in IP/MPLS domain – work with SP providing mobile and enterprise services
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in preparing and executing large and complex network transformation projects
- In-depth technical expertise in IP technical solutions - IPV4, IPV6, routing and switching, ipmpls, services l2 vpn, l3 vpn , vll , qos, multicast, BNG, CGNAT, redundancy
- Strong hands-on experience in configuring routers/switches with Command Line Interface , Nokia, Cisco, Juniper
- Nokia SRA or equivalent other vendors’ certificate (Cisco CCIE, Juniper JNCIE)
- Practical Knowledge of 2g,3g,4g networks setups and core components, interfaces and connectivity
- Good practical knowledge of Nokia NMS (NE integration, SW upload & upgrade, backups) alarm monitoring and interpretation
- Phyton or other scripting language working experience will be a plus,
- Virtual routers technologies, SDN in SP environment working experience will be a plus
- Able to work on own initiative
- Methodical, accountable, diligent, calm,
- Ability to assimilate quickly and act decisively
- Proactive attitude in a teamwork job
- Able to think “out of box”
- Excellent communication attitudes and ability to build solid relationships with people of different culture
- Can travel for business, even at short notice
- Can work under pressure of time
- Able to handle several tasks at the same time.
- Can work in front of customer representing NSDC
- Dynamic and Creative
- Challenges the norm to seek ways to add value
- Business acumen
- Possesses and actively uses consulting skills
- Understanding of PRINCE2/ PMI project governance methods would be a plus
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Do you want to know more? Visit our career portal:
Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o.
Nokia to globalny lider, oferujący technologie łączące miliardy ludzi i urządzeń na całym świecie. Firma, wspierana innowacjami opracowywanymi przez cenione ośrodki badawczo-rozwojowe Nokia Bell Labs oraz Nokia Technologies, jest wiodącym dostawcą rozwiązań, będących fundamentem współczesnego, połączonego świata.
- Krok Rozmowa telefoniczna
- Krok Test dla programistów
- Krok Rozmowa kwalifikacyjna
- Krok Telekonferencja
Dyrektor Działu Wytwarzania Systemów do Zarządzania Sieciami
„Praca w Nokii to nie tylko wkład w rozwój najnowszych technologii, ale i możliwość ciągłego rozwoju oraz realizowania własnych celów i ambicji.”
Dyrektor Działu R&D Technologii LTE
„W mojej pracy najbardziej motywuje mnie możliwość realnego wpływu na przyszłość.”