Location: Bydgoszcz / Warszawa
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Cloud & Network Services
Cloud and Network Services is a leading Nokia business group that offers Network solutions on Core, Business and Enterprise segments, as well as Cloud solutions and Cognitive Services. It is a newly formed business group, that includes most of the former Nokia Software business, Nokia’s enterprise solutions, core network solutions including both voice and packet core, and managed and advanced services from its former Global Services unit. This unit will also act as a delivery channel of certain products from other business groups to enterprise customers. Cloud and Network Services (CNS) will target growth by leveraging the industry transition to cloud-based delivery, network-as-a-service business models, and software-led value creation.
The Care Policy Controller Product Support team is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our elite group in supporting Nokia's cutting edge Policy and Charging Rules Function platform Nokia Policy Controller.
Care (CARE) comprises the support of customers (in line with contractual service agreements) and internal Nokia stakeholders in pre- and post-sales activities with technical and non-technical topics, including first level contact with customers for software and hardware incidents or requests. Ensures readiness of service delivery and covers the provision of recommendations to product houses on design for serviceability aspects. Contains escalation of key issues to appropriate functions.
The Technical Care Specialist provides 'advanced' technical and product support within Care service delivery. A global position in a 24x7 support environment with a responsibility to work on complex troubleshooting cases, especially at solution / system level. Also acts as a primary interface to R&D for escalation of customer problems and their follow-up till resolution.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Works effectively in a mixed environment and uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Uses advanced analytical skills to solve complex problems or problems that do not have routine solutions and takes a new perspective.
- Shares initial ideas for professional direction of own organizational unit.
- Acts as a professional advisor and mentor for staff / workteam / taskforces.
- May lead technical projects with manageable risks and resource requirements or small teams.
- Provides working leadership and training to less experienced personnel.
- Provides expertise and delivers advanced system troubleshooting methods like system level tracing, debug, protocol flow analysis.
- Identifies, reproduces and characterizes defects and collaborates promptly with R&D teams for fixes.
- Leads and resolves complex situations derived from technical activities such as software upgrade, audit, equipment swap, network expansion, multi-vendor issues, acceptance testing, feature testing, tailored technical support, end-to-end performance improvement, etc.
- Interacts with customer for complex cases, providing workarounds, etc.
- Ensures SLAs are met for escalated cases.
- Leads the Root Causes Analysis (RCA) analysis and report creation.
- Complies with the requirements as per the emergency process role and ensures quick recovery for issues categorized as critical outages and code red.
- Supports technical activities in early product phases (releases, pilots, trials and early projects).
- Creates and approves knowledge articles (author, reviewer, approver, coach).
- Communicates internally and externally with customers, R&D and 3rd party vendors.
- Creates technical documents and guidelines.
- May work as a key user for care tools.
- Performs system level product competence training and knowledge transfer across team.
- Participation in 24x7 On Call Rotation duties
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- At least 7 years’ experience in Enterprise-level Software Support or related field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Proficient with Linux operating systems
- Familiar and comfortable working with virtualized platforms/VNF
- Strong hands-on experience in troubleshooting software and network problems
- Knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Knowledge of database technologies, specifically NoSQL
- Knowledge of wireless/wireline protocols (Diameter/RADIUS) and architecture (LTE/5G)
- Knowledge of IP networking and routing protocols
- Experience with scripting and scripting languages at a Linux level
- Experience using/developing an API (XML, HTTP/s, SOAP)
- IP certifications are considered an asset (NRS/CCNA etc.)
Location: In addition to the locations listed on the job opening, qualified candidates within Poland, Nokia site or virtual, will be considered.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Nokia is committed to building a skilled, diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and are an equal opportunity employer that attracts and hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.