Tornos, a global supplier of Swiss-type and Bar Milling manufacturing equipment, including the tooling, services, spare parts, wear parts, consumables and automation solutions that support these systems. Markets served by Tornos include: Aerospace, automotive, medical, tool and die manufacturing. Tornos is an international company focused on the future. We are always looking for talented people who support growing the business and whose capabilities can be enhanced. Today Tornos has more than 700 employees around the world. Just over half of our employees are based in Moutier, Switzerland, the other half of our employees being located in our production centers in Asia (China and Taiwan) and in our seven subsidiaries (United States, Europe and Asia).
Tornos Poland in Kąty Wrocławskie is looking for a:
Entity: Tornos Technologies sp. z o.o
Location: Kąty Wrocławskie, Poland
Department: Tornos Global Service / Service Factory
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer Specific Development
Rank: Mechanical Engineer
Contract Type: Full time and work contract
Tornos company specializes in the manufacture of machines designed to produce parts requiring extreme precision and quality. Since our 1914 founding, Tornos has pioneered sliding headstock technology. True to our promise, “We keep you turning,” we manufacture CNC sliding headstock automatic turning machines, cam- or numerically controlled multi-spindle machines, and machining centers for complex workpieces requiring high-precision machining, all backed by our own software and services. Rooted in Switzerland, Tornos’ global footprint keeps us close to our customers. Manufacturers across a wide range of growing market segments—from automotive and medical and dental to micromechanics and electronics—turn to Tornos for unique workflow solutions.
In Tornos we are looking candidates with passion, innovative and proactive approach with commitment to our strategy. Mission of the position: management of customer projects from design to final validation of the system on the machine.
- Performing duties for all Milling products from Tornos, but in particular for the BA1008 family
- After consultation with sales and Product-management, analyzing specific customer requests and proposes a solution outline for the offers
- Ensure that the costs, deadlines and functionality of feasibility requests are respected;
- Ensure compliance with the specifications in terms of time, costs and technical specifications as well as compliance with the construction and quality standards in force;
- Examination the specific functions of machine orders and follows the progress of the file. Updating the orders;
- Identification and creation purchase requests for customer specific equipment. Contact with the suppliers and planning the delivery with the support of the HQ;
- Informing the manufacturing / assembly / MET departments of the specificities carried out and participates in machine progress sessions, by videoconference;
- Be active in monitoring and updating service and assembly instructions;
- Closing the projects while respecting the final deliverables for the Customer service.
- Identification new supplies requested in specific functions;
- Be active in the proper functioning of the position and makes proposals for improvement.
Technical and soft skills & abilities:
- Good command of written and spoken English (French will be an asset)
- Good command of CAD Solidworks, OneSpaceModeling would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent would be an advantage,
- Good command of standard Microsoft IT tools
- Ability to work very independently, conscientiously and quickly;
- Faculties to work in a virtual team
- Willing to travel around 2 weeks / 2 months training in Switzerland at HQ
- Mechanical Engineer Diploma
- Service Technician or R&D technical background experience
- Knowledge of machine tools, 5 to 10 years of experience
- Interesting and challenging work in the dynamic environment of the Machine Industry
- Gaining experience in an international team, operating on different European markets
- Package of benefits including private health care, life insurance
- Long-term, stable employment