BTS System Architect
91 dni temu
Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia European Software & Engineering Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people, who create the largest ITC R&D in Poland. Our facilities in Wroclaw are located in three sites and accommodate one of the biggest test telecommunications labs in Middle and Eastern Europe. Apply and experience the adventure of a lifetime!!!
Position description and career opportunities
- are not interested in new technologies
- are not keen on exploring boundaries of existing systems
- like slow and clumsy networks
- don't want to create telco solutions for year 2020+
please don't come to us!
Our team is working on creating solutions for mobile telecommunication industry for current and future networks: starting from 2G, through 3G and 4G, to 5G and beyond. . We define the architecture to create robust system, able to offer unique experience, like high data throughput, short communication latency and good voice quality, to mobile users.
A system is composed of various elements with HW, SW and SoC (System-On-Chip) components. Part of our job is to define what should be implemented by which component. This includes selecting an appropriate technology, creating an implementation strategy and evaluating different potential options.
We are open to using different techniques that help to optimize the system, like simulation and modeling, statistical and data mining techniques, new programing languages or computing concepts (like cloud and edge cloud). Being open‑minded is the key!
Our multinational team cooperates closely with organizations across the world to analyze customer requirements, propose technical solution and guide the implementation.
As a System Architect, you have to be able to analyze and solve complex problems. You have to be able to capture key system requirements in order to define scalable architecture. Analysis of different implementation options (including HW-SW split) and cost impact is at the center of your work. The reference models that you create are used for guiding the further development and verification work. To select appropriate technical solution you have to launch and supervise a study work exploring the options according to defined criteria. You have to be able to invent new solutions based on good technology overview.
- Identifying key system requirements and mapping them to existing or new system elements
- Analyzing performance and capacity aspects
- Performing technical studies and reviews
- Defining requirements and analyzing customer features
- Creating reference models
- Providing input for SW, HW and SoC design
- Communicating technical concepts in clear and understandable way
- Understanding of power efficiency and power dissipation topics
- Knowledge of technologies like Ethernet, IP, sRIO, PCIe, CPRI, OBSAI and their practical aspects
- Knowledge of HW design and modeling (SystemC, Matlab, ...)
- Good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- Customer- and result-oriented attitude
- Good analytical skills and structured approach to problem solving
- Pro-activeness, creativity and self-motivation
- Experience in requirement engineering
- Designing HW and SoC systems
- Good knowledge within mobile network technologies, radio system architecture, functions and standards (3GPP)
- Experience with large scale systems
- projects that are rapidly evolving and are not in the maintenance mode
- dealing with latest processing technologies
- contributing to development of future telco solutions
- variety of projects with different focus areas
- flexible and friendly working environment
- possibility to develop your skills in multicultural environment
- on the job activities which revolve not only around project development (open source projects, H@ckathons - own initiatives development during brain storm programming - during work hours!)
- competitive salary + bonuses depending on one's achievements
- medical care for you/your family
- flexible working time
- group life insurance
- relocation support
- co-financing of nursery and kindergarten
- sport card, tickets to cinema, theater, opera, e-ticket
- lunch cards
- and more...
Nokia stawia na ludzi zdolnych i pełnych pasji do tworzenia niestandardowych rozwiązań, którzy stawiają na podwyższanie własnych kompetencji. Zapewnia im nie tylko możliwości zawodowego rozwoju, ale także najwyższe standardy pracy. Do dyspozycji pracowników oddane są nowoczesne laboratoria testowe R&D, w których powstają nowe rozwiązania technologiczne, często jeszcze niedostępne na rynku.