What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and
innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an
entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating
solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and
successful. And this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Data Engineer to
join our Artificial Intelligence & Analytics.
About Cognizant Digital Business – Artificial Intelligence & Analytics
Cognizant’s AIA Practice is formed to support our clients with Database, analytics related requirements.
As we are strengthening our Netherlands and European operations, the AIA Practice wants to leverage
our thought-leadership capabilities to drive clients to accelerate the pace of their inevitable towards
analytics applications and their journey. Cognizant has implemented the strategic global relationships to
support our aspirations going forward.
More information? Please visit https://be.cognizant.com/sites/cognizant-digital-
- Support the data requirements of new and existing solutions by developing scalable and extensible physical data models that can be operationalised within the company’s workflows and infrastructure
- Drive efficiency and resilience by mapping data flows between systems and workflows across the company
- Ensure standardization by following design patterns in line with global and local data governance requirements
- Support real- time internal and customer- facing actions by developing real- time event- based streaming data pipelines
- Enable rapid data- driven business decisions by developing efficient and scalable data ingestion solutions
- Drive high- value data by connecting different disparate datasets from different systems into a well- managed unified solution
- Own end- to- end data and data applications by defining, monitoring and adjusting relevant SLIs and SLOs
- Handle, mitigate and learn from incidents in a manner that improves the overall system health
- Ensure accuracy by developing criteria, automation, and processes for data production, transport, transform, and storage
- Ensure compliance with data- related requirements by building solutions in line with all applicable standards and regulations
- Ensure ongoing resilience of data processes by monitoring system performance and acting proactively identifying bottlenecks, potential risks, and failure point that might degrade overall quality
- Build software applications by using the relevant development languages and applying in- depth knowledge of the systems, services and tools used by the specific business area
- Write readable and reusable code by applying standard patterns and using standard libraries
- Continuously evolve your craft by keeping up to date with the latest developments in data engineering and related technologies, introducing them to the community and promoting their application in areas where they can generate impact
- Push for improvements, scaling and extending data engineering tooling and infrastructure, collaborating with central teams.
- 6+ years of experience in a data engineering or related field using a server side programming languages, preferably Scala, Java, Python, or Perl
- 4+ years of experience building data pipelines and transformations at scale, with technologies such as Spark, Scala/java/python, Kafka, Cassandra, Hive, Sqoop, spark streaming
- Solid experience in event/real time streaming, data ingestion & lineage, data modelling and profiling
- 2+ years of experience in data modeling
- 2+ years of experience handling data streaming
- Data Engineer with Kubernetes, Oozie skills
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Access to Udemy and Cognizant Academy digital libraries for your continuous learning
- NS business card to cover your commute expenses
- 25 days of paid holiday per year
- A laptop and a smartphone
- A pension scheme
- Organization driven by technology – we have a tremendous technology backbone
- Open, ‘can do’ team spirit and environment that encourages making your ideas reality!
- Office in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Relocation package
COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS POLAND SP Z O O