The accounting manager is a pivotal role to further approve the existing accounting processes to assure that the organization will be ready to support further growth of the business. The role is therefore instrumental in further establishing a world class organization from an accounting and compliance point of view.
You will significantly contribute to the success of company through the setting and delivery of key initiatives, active leadership of people, build best in class processes and the governance of the company's financial reporting and compliance requirements.
The success is dependent on the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the company with all functions, and to put the needs of the company and the customer first.
TP Vision is a dedicated TV and Sound player in the world of visual digital entertainment. TP Vision concentrates on developing, manufacturing and marketing Philips branded TV sets in Europe, Russia, Middle East, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and selected countries in Asia- Pacific. We do this by combining our design expertise and innovative Philips TV heritage with the operational excellence, flexibility and speed of TPV Technology. With these combined strengths, we bring high-quality TV sets to the market: smart and easy to use with sophisticated styling. We believe in creating products that offer a superior TV experience for consumers. With Philips TVs, TP Vision is a global leader in the hospitality market. TP Vision is the exclusive brand licensee of Philips TVs for the above listed countries. The TV Company is 100% owned by TPV, the world's leading monitor and LCD TV manufacturer, selling and marketing Philips branded TVs in China. The TPV Group has been able to drive its growth over the years by leveraging its economies of scale and core competencies in R&D, manufacturing, logistic efficiency and quality. TP Vision employs close to 2,000 people in several locations around the globe.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction in the core areas of general accounting including consolidations, internal controls, and compliance;
- Lead the accounting team (12 heads) in Poland and be part of a self-managing team in a group of accounting leaders in Europe;
- Leads continuous improvement efforts within the accounting department, with the objective of establishing "world-class" capabilities, processes and people. This includes standardizing and harmonizing the processes
- Recruit, retain and develop key accounting staff;
- Lead and improve the month end close process including balance sheet reviews and spot checks across the business driving improvements in controls and general balance sheet hygiene;
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Lead monthly review cycles of the results with the business controllership department in line with the company's operating model;
- Further improve the internal and external monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages.
- Building relationship with relevant internal and external stakeholders of the accounting and control organization.
- Assure the operating effectiveness of the internal controls, including the resolution of control issues and findings;
- Collaborate with Global and Local teams to maintain (and optimize) the Internal Control framework; including upholding the control standards, and development of instructions and guidance;
- Coordinate and lead the PwC audit for the general accounting area, and potentially internal audits;
- Assist the SSC leader with other ad hoc projects.
- Ability to work without appreciable direction on assigned projects/programs and day- to-day operations.
- Drive and determining objectives of assignments.
- Ability to provide input to other organizations in the development of new procedures or enhancement of current processes.
- Ability to provide feedback to group of experienced individuals on performance improvement. Monitors performance improvement plans as necessary.
Problem Solving/Judgment and Decision Making:
- Works on complex problems where analysis and/or situations require in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and evaluation of criteria for obtaining resolutions.
- Must be able to anticipate future events and situations that are likely to affect the business model and direction. Must be able to establish a plan to handle these events and situations so that they do not negatively impact cost and the business model.
- You regularly provide information, assistance, and recommendations, which are, used in the management decision-making processes. Erroneous decisions have serious impact on sales revenue and may jeopardize overall success of the business.
- You must be able to analyze certain situations and make decisions following broadly defined practices and policies.
The director financial controllership & compliance reports directly into the SSC leader.
Education and related experience
4+ years of experience in identical roles.
8+ years audit experience, preferable at a big four
A master degree in accounting or finance, and a CPA degree
Preferable multinational, consumer product industry experience
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent IFRS Knowledge
Fluent in English (oral and written)
The company cares about the development of employees
The candidate should be:
Ability to work on stress and able to make deadlines
Hand on, and self-starter
A critical and analytical mindset, with an eye for detail and accuracy;
Proactive, dynamic and autonomous professional
Methodical, disciplined and structured and ethical
Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Highly motivated and enthusiastic and a good communicator
Drive for problem solving
Comfortable with and willing to adapt in a growth environment.
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, and you've got what it takes to be a great accounting manager, then apply today.
TPV Displays Polska Sp. z o.o.