We are currently the largest institution of research and development in the ICT sector in Poland, successively growing and still looking for new talents. C Embedded Software Engineer is one of the key positions in R&D Center in Wroclaw and at present, there are a few slightly different departments possibly interested in your experience. Find out which specific departments are currently recruiting for this position: https://en.nokiawroclaw.pl/check-our-c-embedded-hiring-teams/
Apply and a designated Talent Attraction Person will contact you in 2-3 working days to discuss all the details and guide you through the whole recruitment process, completed with feedback (guaranteed after an interview step). Below you will find some general information about our expectations and C Embedded Software Engineers positions.
Platform Software team is responsible for delivering software that runs hardware used in Nokia products. One of the Platform Software components, called „Linux from Scratch”, provides operating system that makes BTS hardware alive and ready to deploy RAT-specific applications (WCDMA/LTE/5G).
As a SW Engineer, you will be part of an agile development team which is responsible for specifying, planning, implementing and delivering high quality, best in class, software for Base Stations. You will be solving complex engineering problems in your own technology fields. Your background and areas of interest will be considered when defining your main tasks and responsibility areas.
Daily tasks and duties will include requirements analysis, software design, implementation of new functionalities and testing activities. You will also contribute to writing specifications and creating documentation for the relevant part of the software. Other key tasks will include code re-factoring and optimization, code maintenance, and fault corrections. You will participate in effort estimation in your own area. As a Platform SW team member, you will share knowledge, consult, support and guide both Platform teams as well as application SW teams. To succeed in this role, you need to be an open-minded professional with good organization skills, strong commitment to quality and a flair for innovative thinking.
If you also consider yourself as a technical leader, who can coordinate technically a group of developers, don’t hesitate to apply for this position
- C and sometimes C++ language
- ARM/x86 processors
- Linux or embedded RTOS
- Continuous Integration systems
- Version control and code review systems (git/gerrit)
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Technology or equivalent education
- advanced C programming skills, 3+ years of experience
- good knowledge of embedded software design principles
- RTOS and/or Linux knowledge
- Python/Bash knowledge is an important advantage
- Computer networking knowledge is an advantage
- knowledge of version control software
- strong communication skills and ability to work in international teams
- good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- analytical thinking
- teamwork skills
- ready to relocate to Wroclaw, living in or nearby
- Professional experience in design, implementation, testing and deployment of multi-core and large-scale embedded projects
- Working knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IPv4/IPv6 networking
- Linux development including kernel, drivers and networking code
- UML diagramming
Do you want to know more? Visit our career portal:
Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o.
Nokia to globalny lider, oferujący technologie łączące miliardy ludzi i urządzeń na całym świecie. Firma, wspierana innowacjami opracowywanymi przez cenione ośrodki badawczo-rozwojowe Nokia Bell Labs oraz Nokia Technologies, jest wiodącym dostawcą rozwiązań, będących fundamentem współczesnego, połączonego świata.
- Krok Rozmowa telefoniczna
- Krok Test dla programistów
- Krok Rozmowa kwalifikacyjna
- Krok Telekonferencja
Dyrektor Działu Wytwarzania Systemów do Zarządzania Sieciami
„Praca w Nokii to nie tylko wkład w rozwój najnowszych technologii, ale i możliwość ciągłego rozwoju oraz realizowania własnych celów i ambicji.”
Dyrektor Działu R&D Technologii LTE
„W mojej pracy najbardziej motywuje mnie możliwość realnego wpływu na przyszłość.”