About Fixed Networks
Our Fixed Networks (FN) business group provides a cloud based home wireless solution to improve wireless and network management at home. This includes Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) as well as 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), xDSL and cable upgrades. We build solutions that don’t stop at the home but also bring that gigabit experience into the home using our meshed Wi-Fi solution.
The Applied R&D Engineer conducts target-oriented research to directly apply findings to the specification, design, further development, and incremental improvement of products, services, systems, tools, processes, etc. Integrates, verifies, tests, and modifies SW / HW / system components and capitalizes on innovative solutions to meet requirements and specifications.
Fixed Networks Professional Services (FN-PS) Business Unit is looking for a SW Developer skilled in network programming and wireless area.
We are looking for people who are seeking for knowledge and skills in the field of new technologies, wanting to know the latest solutions.
Working on Home WiFi solution project allows you to acquire knowledge not only in the field of programming, but also in telecommunication, especially in WiFi optimization and IoT area. It also involves working with environments dealing with Open Source software.
Working in our team, you will learn about the latest software solutions used in managing telecommunication and telecom devices.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Obtains knowledge on the Fixed Networks technology domains like SDAN, Next Generation PON, Home WiFi solution, etc. Professional Services is working typically around use cases to link and leverage the technology domain with the Services Innovations & applications. Examples are GPON E2E Network Build Control Management, G.Fast Implementation, OSS Integration, Fixed Access Network Slicing and Wireless PON Implementation.
- Develops software for SDAN solutions.
- Expertise and experience on new Software and Telecommunications application domains/concepts covering:
- Good knowledge of at least one of the programming languages: C/C++
- Willingness to learn other languages quickly: Lua, Java, Python, bash script
- Possess theoretical knowledge / willingness to learn about:802.11 standards, OpenWRT, TR69, TR181, MQTT, unit testing and sockets programming.
- Have academic background about Telecommunication or Software Programming.
- Individual Contributor performs day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives.
- Analytical mindset, capable of combining and analysing information from several different sources.
- Applied agile practices in software development.
- Good in reading documentation (in English)
- Requires ability to communicate with functional leadership regarding team & technical matters.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Do you want to know more? Visit our career portal:
Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o.
Nokia to globalny lider, oferujący technologie łączące miliardy ludzi i urządzeń na całym świecie. Firma, wspierana innowacjami opracowywanymi przez cenione ośrodki badawczo-rozwojowe Nokia Bell Labs oraz Nokia Technologies, jest wiodącym dostawcą rozwiązań, będących fundamentem współczesnego, połączonego świata.
- Krok Rozmowa telefoniczna
- Krok Test dla programistów
- Krok Rozmowa kwalifikacyjna
- Krok Telekonferencja
Dyrektor Działu Wytwarzania Systemów do Zarządzania Sieciami
„Praca w Nokii to nie tylko wkład w rozwój najnowszych technologii, ale i możliwość ciągłego rozwoju oraz realizowania własnych celów i ambicji.”
Dyrektor Działu R&D Technologii LTE
„W mojej pracy najbardziej motywuje mnie możliwość realnego wpływu na przyszłość.”