Would you like to be running some of Nordea’s cutting edge IT services? We are now looking for an Application Technical Specialist to do just that.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
Welcome to the GPE and Open Banking team. We add value by providing payments related global services to Nordea’s customers. As Application Technical Specialist you’ll play a valuable role in giving our customers access to the best banking in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- When deploying fixes, preventive changes or minor enhancements, you check that the developers and testers have prepared the change, you plan and schedule the deployment steps and you coordinate the actual deployment and verify that the deployment was successful.
- When a new application or a major upgrade is needed, you will be co-operating with development project. You will review requirements and designs to make sure that they will result in easy to maintain solution, receive training and documentation, contribute to go-live rehearsals and in the deployment and, finally, take responsibility of running the production
- When a production incident occurs: You will collect system logs, monitoring data and other information, you will estimate the impact, invoke more support staff if needed, propose solutions and verify that the IT service has been recovered and restored.
- Continuously improving the IT service that we provide: You participate in root cause analysis meeting after incidents and propose preventive measures to avoid recurrence, you identify ways to improve production stability and efficiency and you participate in discussions on how we can improve our tools, processes and daily practices.
The Application Technical Specialist (ATS) is a technical expert for the applications assigned. The ATS is expected to support in any technical issues with the assigned applications in production. The ATS is also expected to provide expertise to the development team when new functionalities are built on top of the existing applications.
ATS is responsible for:
- Having in-depth knowledge of the applications they support and contribute to all processes related to maintenance and operations. Application specific training will be provided
- Have knowledge to understand the technical impact of an incident and prioritize maintenance work accordingly.
- Work in close collaboration with other stake holders from the inception of a project/change till the time it is live in production.
Work includes occasional overtime and may include on-call duties
You’ll join a growing team where professionalism, team work and continuous learning are appreciated. The role is based in Gdansk.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have good working knowledge of how IT systems are deployed and how monitoring and logging is used when running critical systems in production.
- Are experienced in incident handling, problem management and change management; preferably using ITIL framework
- Have worked previously in banking or with payments and accounts (nice-to-have quality but not mandatory).
- Are familiar with some of the infrastructure or middleware technologies that our applications use such as Docker, SQL databases and Oracle Service Bus integrations. You will not be running or maintaining these technologies in production but you will be working with people who do. (Nice-to-have quality but not mandatory).
- You are eager to always learn more
Your experience and background:
- You have a formal degree in Information Technology or several years of equivalent work experience.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 06 December 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.