Noble merged with Maersk Drilling to create a world-class offshore driller with more than 150 of combined experience. The merger brought together two companies with complementary core values, an unwavering commitment to safety, and a strong track record of operational excellence to create unmatched expertise and product offering in Deepwater and harsh environment drilling.
Since 1921, Noble has been a world-class offshore drilling company with industry-leading safety and operational performance. We focus on deep and long-term partnerships as the foundation for driving efficiency and increasing certainty for our customers.
Noble operates one of the youngest and most advanced fleets in the offshore drilling industry with a combined track record of industry-leading utilization.
We are a dynamic leader in offshore drilling, always striving to deliver the best service to our customers, effectively and sustainably.
For the last 100 years, Noble has remained dedicated to our core values, our customers, and the pursuit of operational excellence. This has been made possible by our employees, and an unwavering commitment to deliver safe, efficient results.
The main responsibilities of the Lead Accountant will be focused on timely and accurate financial reporting of the entities in scope, including:
- Being the central point of contact and liaising with Group stakeholders in respect of transactions performed by local Finance Team in Gdansk.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the Gdansk accounting department including month and year-end process; accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, ICP and FA.
- Taking full responsibility for the financial bookkeeping, including controlling of monthly financial reporting, month-end process, review of Balance sheet reconciliations, monitor internal controls for entities in scope.
- Managing the relationship & data requirements with our external accountants, consultants and tax advisors who are responsible for preparing VAT, GST, Corporate Tax, WHT Tax and Statutory Accounts in the countries where we operate.
- Managing and coordinating all internal and external audits.
- Ensuring compliance with internal & external reporting requirements for both Group and Statutory reporting purposes.
- Reviewing the performance of other teams in Gdansk by providing feedback
- Monitoring and managing the treasury forecasting of the specific entities and deliver reports as requested.
- Developing, optimizing & standardizing of accounting and internal control processes.
- + 5 years of experience in finance accounting or reporting
- Full professional proficiency of written and oral English (min B2)
- Master's degree in Finance or Business
- Advanced knowledge in working with financial books
- Service-minded approach to query handling.
- Experience in working in international environments
- Experience in navigating, working and succeeding in complex stakeholder landscapes
- Experience with all aspects of finance
- Medium knowledge with process standardisation and improvement
- Good understanding of internal controls and risk management
- Good customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- International mindset