Location: Gdansk Wrzeszcz (Neptun Office)
Do you have passion for Network technologies such as Cisco switches, routers and wireless solution, Palo Alto and network Virtualization Systems? You will be a key team member in delivering network projects in truly international setup. Being a great communicator, you will act as a link between IT and Arla sites. Can you support the ambition of Arla IT to be amongst the best in the world?
In Arla we have for many years outsourced our LAN services to external parties. We have taken a strategic decision to insource the LAN service to obtain better, faster and more flexible deliveries. We are hiring in for building up a state-of-the-art NOC team that will secure the services from implementing new network solutions in our Solutions organisation to operating the network in our Operations organisation through close collaboration.
About the job
Join the Digital Services and Infrastructure Agile Release Train, which is responsible for IT infrastructure for all technologies in Arla and delivers the base technology platform to both the business and other release trains. The train has multiple teams and the Connected Workforce team is responsible for all network infrastructure and firewall services.
We have set an ambitious growth strategy of creating the future of dairy in Arla Foods and the key driver for this is strengthening our network infrastructure and bring it up to speed with industry standards. That is why we are looking for a Network Consultant to support the upgrade of our existing networks and also introducing new technologies in this area.
Specifically, you will:
- Actively participate in Network lifecycle
- Cooperate with suppliers in executing IT network infrastructure epics
- Provide input to technical design document
- Be travelling to Arla sites to build the necessary insights into their network infrastructure
- Perform/ coordinate quality reviews of ongoing- or newly deployed network implementations
- Be able to transform business needs into IT solutions and ensure business value
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders in both IT and Business
- Prepare PI-planning and System Demo together with the team members
- Actively participate in all Scrum and Train ceremonies
Who are you?
You have technical in-depth knowledge of network technologies. You are an excellent communicator capable of establishing strong networks with key stakeholders and IT specialists in a challenging matrix environment. You are capable to analyse complex problems and summarize them in a simple and understandable way that supports decision making. At the same time, you must be a good listener and able to see matters from your colleague's point of view.
Furthermore, you have:
- Degree within IT
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Switches, Routers and wireless solution
- Knowledge of Next Generation Firewalls, preferably Palo Alto
- Knowledge of Virtualization Systems
- Great communication skills - you have easy dialogue, both verbally, in writing and visually with stakeholders
- Great collaboration skills with a proactive mindset
- Experience with working in an agile setup – SAFe would be an advantage
- Ability to help the team to develop innovative solutions
- Experience with stakeholder management on different levels
- Experience in working with problem solving in network infrastructure
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and challenging things for the better
- You speak and write English effortlessly
- A drive to learning new technologies and challenging things for the better
- Establish trust and build relationships with people at all levels of client’s organization
- Ability to effectively communicate designs, concepts and technical details to a non-technical audience
Application and contact
If you want to be an important part of our team driving the network agenda in Arla, then seize this exciting opportunity.
What do we offer?
- International operating environment
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Scandinavian working style & no dress code
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Financial support of your education
- Relocation package
- Referral program for employees
- Employee Assistance Program (legal, psychological, health, financial consulting, etc.)
- Support for your healthy lifestyle (fruit day, facility for sportsmen, sport challenges and activities, Arla active teams / sport groups)
- Flexible working time (start your day of work between 7-9) and home office work possibility
- Additional holiday depending on length of employment (up to 4 days)
… while in the office you can also use some of the below:
- Modern office space with beautiful view and high standard furniture (i.e. adjustable desks)
- Chill-out rooms with X-box, pool table, board games, football table and swing
Read more about Arla Global Shared Services
Global Shared Services consists of multiple functions that are all placed in the Neptun building in Gdansk – with colourful offices and a beautiful sea view.
As of now, we have an IT Operations and an IT Solutions division dedicated to SAP as well as a variety of app development and implementation projects. Our procurement and finance functions support a wide array of processes such as purchasing, distribution and sales globally.
We also have a dedicated HR operations division to ensure we attract, develop and retain the very best of talent around the world.
Together, we are all dedicated to one collective mission: ensuring an optimal global supply of fresh Arla products – every single day.
- Lead - Have you ever heard that you are the change? Now you now
- Sense - Are you looking for something more than material benefits in your professional life?
- Create - Regardless of which department you work in - Your creativity leads us to innovation
Your future colleagues from HR department describe these generally:
- Flexible working hours
- Professional career development
- Great atmosphere
- Respectful scandinavian culture
- No dress code zone
- Lack of stress at work
- Tens of benefits
- Space for self-reliance
1. Clock the APPLY button
2. Create an account in our HR platform
3. Submit your application
4. Wait for our call
5. Meet with us online
6. Enjoy joining the best team
Arla Global Shared Services
Moooo. We are Arla GSS and we deal with business the Scandinavian way.
You most likely associate us with brands like Arla Apetina, Lurpak or Castello. We are part of the global Arla Foods group employing 19,000 people worldwide and delivering 25 trillion glasses of milk a year.
That being said…
At our office in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz we do not produce butter or cheese, nor do we conduct milk quality assessment.
IT Service Desk Quality Lead (5 months at Arla)
Arla is a lot more than just people and the office. Here you take care of larger or smaller challenges. And I feel that I am always going in the right direction…love that!
A2R Acting Team Leader (5 years at Arla)
I like Arla because it confirmed me in the belief that DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORK is possible
- Stage Screening applications
- Stage First interview – phone screening
- Stage Second interview and assessment
- Stage Employment
- Stage Rejection