Would you like to be part of the team which is responsible for providing Integration services and platforms for the largest bank in the Nordics and work in one of the most strategic/high visibility projects in the organisation? We are now looking for an experienced Java Developer to help us further evolve our as a service message bus platform and increase the adoption of the technology across the bank.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
Welcome to the Application Integration team which is part of the Business & Institutions Technology at Nordea. Our team is responsible for providing integration services across the bank through our enterprise message bus platforms, operational data stores, calculation grids, and in memory caching technologies.
We are known to work with the most modern tech stacks in the organisation such as Kafka, MongoDB, Redis, and Kubernetes and look forward to maintaining our reputation by encouraging you to put your skills to use while learning new things and bringing new ideas and solutions to the table.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing in Java to help us evolve our enterprise message bus self service platform
- Working with a scrum team made of experienced Java developers and other engineers with a DevOps mindset
- Participating in code reviews and design decisions with the rest of the team
- Preparing easy to read documentation for your code and our services
- Contributing to the Java Community of Practice and helping us to uplift the overall development capabilities.
You'll part of a vibrant, diverse, international team of software developers with a passion to build excellent applications meeting the business demands. The role is based in Gdańsk.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you are:
- A great team player
- An energetic, innovative and experienced Java developer
- Self driven, technology savvy and curious person
Your experience and background:
- A few years of experience in Java programming
- Practical experience of API based web integration technologies such as XML, RESTful APIs/JSON, gRPC
- Knowledge of message bus technology and patterns such as pub/sub
- Knowledge of relational databases or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge for Springboot
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
Additionally, experience in some of following will be considered as a plus:
- Kafka, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect
- Cloudera & HBASE
- Containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Maven, Git, Artifactory, Ansible, and Docker and similar
As a benefit you will receive:
- The opportunity to increase your knowledge and skills
- A chair in the team that is open for you and your ideas
- Stable employment conditions in the international environment
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets, annual profit sharing)
- On site and remote work capability (split model)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 14/07/2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.