#senior developer, #java, #microservices, #docker, #front office
Would you like to be a leading Senior Java Developer? We are now looking for a Senior Java Developer in Adapters Team, Gdańsk to our front office integration team.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
Welcome to the Development Gdansk E team. We add value through our cod and the team takes pride in writing clean and beautiful code that is efficient and robust. We help each other grow as software engineers and are constantly looking for ways to improve the way we work. As Senior Java Developer in Adapters Team, Gdańsk you’ll play a critical role in creating and maintaining new adapters for applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing communication between the apps creating adapters
- Writing clean, well-structured code and also help your team mates to do the same.
- Working on new software projects as well as maintain and improve the current code base.
- Working close to front office, learn the business domain (equities, fixed income, fx)
- Being an engaged member of the scrum team and the Front Office adapter team.
- Example of tasks can be to implement integrations to Communication Layer (Kafka), reconciliation tools, new front end solutions, larger software projects to realize business ideas.
You will join the team of sklilled and experienced developers. The role is based in Gdańsk.
This position will be a great opportunity for candidates, who are looking for an interesting opportunity to work in a complex and fast-pace environment, striving for state-of-the-art technology. We offer the advantages of a true work life balance, enabling you to prioritize career and private life at the same time.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are curious and have a keen interest in equity trading and equity domain
- have a “doer” mentality and take ownership
- encounter a problem and run with it
- thrive through interaction with other people
- are not afraid to ask questions, but you are also eager to provide answers
- have a sense of humour and you deliver
- are proficient in English and Java
Your experience and background:
- Java 5+ experience (understands functional programming techniques & principles – Scala knowledge a definite bonus, but not required)
- Spring Boot
- IBM MQ (not JMS, but java low-level client)
- (Fluent)JDBC (we are phasing out JPA)
- Oracle SQL (+ PL/SQL)
- Docker, K8S
- Ansible, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Analytical thinker
- Good communicator
- Structured, knows how to break complex problems into smaller possibly dependent tasks
- Comfortable with changing priorities
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 27 May 2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.