You will Join the Digital Services and Infrastructure Agile Release Train and be part of the Coordination & Enterprise Services team.
As Entry ServiceNow Specialist you will begin on your professional journey by working closely with experienced colleagues, learning how to work with the solutions and being part of an IT organization that focuses on bringing the highest possible value to the business in an agile setup.
At the beginning, you will start with smaller initiatives, and be expected to become a contributor to larger initiatives.
- Be part of “Catalog items” development.
- Create templates.
- Perform admin tasks.
- Closely collaborate with the Operations team.
- Bring continuous improvement to the architecture solutions.
- Prepare PI-planning and System Demo together with the team members.
You are at the beginning of your professional career, ready to embrace new challenges and eager to learn new things. At the same time, you possess a unique "T-shaped" personality, combining deep technical skills with the ability to handle the softer side of solution adoption. Your strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail make you a valuable asset to any team. Above all, you approach your work with a people-centric mindset, understanding the importance of delivering solutions that meet user needs.
- Ability to work in self-organized teams.
- Good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Knowledgeable of UI/UX standards.
- At least 1 year of experience working as a user or a developer with ServiceNow. Experience in core ServiceNow modules like HR Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Level Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Service Request would be an advantage.
- ServiceNow certifications would be an asset.
- Have strong English language communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Experience with working in an agile setup – SAFe would be an advantage.
- You speak and write English effortlessly.
At Arla, we value our IT specialists and provide a range of attractive benefits to support your personal and professional growth:
- Trainings with industry experts and a comprehensive induction program.
- Financial support for ongoing education and professional development.
- Flexibility in working hours and the option to work from home.
- Medical care and life insurance coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program offering legal, psychological, health, and financial consulting.
- Additional perks like gym memberships, vouchers, travel points, and cinema tickets.
- Home kit including a monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse, headsets, and webcam.
- Relaxation breaks to recharge and maintain work-life balance.
- Relocation allowance for a smooth transition to our vibrant city.
- Referral program for employees to earn rewards by recommending top talent.
- Additional holiday days based on length of employment (up to 4 days).
Arla Global Shared Services
Moooo. We are Arla GSS and we deal with business the Scandinavian way.
You most likely associate us with brands like Arla Apetina, Lurpak or Castello. We are part of the global Arla Foods group employing 19,000 people worldwide and delivering 25 trillion glasses of milk a year.
That being said…
At our office in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz we do not produce butter or cheese, nor do we conduct milk quality assessment.
- Stage Screening applications
- Stage First interview – phone screening
- Stage Second interview and assessment
- Stage Employment
- Stage Rejection