Process, Governance, Compliance, DevOps, Tooling
Would you like to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking? We are now looking for an IT Change & Release Manager to join our IT Change & Release Management Team in Core Technology.
At Nordea, we know our customers’ needs are changing – and we’re deeply committed to meeting them with the financial solutions of tomorrow. We’re creating an agile environment where we’re harnessing the power of technology – one where you can make an impact. So bring your skills, ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
Welcome to the IT Change & Release Management team. We add value by securing that our changes and releases are of high standard and our DevOps teams are equipped with all the best practices and tooling needed to maintain best-in-class services for our customers. You will join a team of highly skilled, dedicated and experienced process managers who share a common goal.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the adoption of the Change & Release Management process across the bank.
- Proactively support with our business, development, operations and infrastructure teams in defining purpose fit processes especially in the area of complex dependencies.
- Actively drive and benchmark insight from Change and Release Managers to develop and improve the process.
- Maintain the IT Change & Release Process portal and corresponding policy documentation.
- Be responsible for ensuring our training and coaching towards our change & release management community is effective.
- Support our stakeholders and auditors in providing information when needed for regulatory bodies.
- Proactively work with our process owners to drive, analyze and improve the process based on feedback.
- In conjunction with other IPC processes, actively facilitate, proactively suggesting areas for improvement.
- Ensure improvement recommendations are embedded within the Change & Release process.
- Be responsible for developing change effectiveness, and report on metrics related to the Change & Release Management processes.
You’ll join a vibrant self-organizing team where your ideas are always welcome, your contribution is always valued and you get all the support when you need it.
The role is based in Gdynia or Warsaw, Poland.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you are
- Ambitious and curious, eager to learn more
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Service minded with a strong sense of customer need
- Curious, initiative and innovative
- Analytical with creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-organized with strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable working in large international environments
- You welcome complexity
Your experience and background
- 3 years' practical experience working as a Change or Release Manager
- You have a good understanding of the DevOps setup
- Excellent knowledge of IT operations, IT best practices, and industry trends
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL and SAFe methodologies, preferably with Change & Release Management
- Experience working with ITSM tools (BMC Remedy/HELIX, ServiceNow)
- Experience of various automation tools & practices will be an added benefit
- Fluency in written and spoken English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 23 August 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.