PubNub powers apps that bring people together in real-time for remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use PubNub’s developer platform and APIs as the foundation for their online chat, virtual events, geolocation, remote control, and real-time updates on a massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, Peloton, and RingCentral, delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. PubNub has raised over $130M from notable investors like Raine Group, Sapphire, Scale, Relay, Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.
PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
PubNub is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the Product team to help us continue to innovate and deliver compelling real-time messaging oriented products. Our platform enables real-time communications (between humans, devices, services etc.) in a wide range of “Virtual Spaces” use cases. As we continue to build and deliver SDKs for specific use cases (atop our platform), we are seeking a Product Manager with developer products experience to both enhance existing SDKs and create new ones.
The product team is growing and is instrumental to the success of PubNub in this exciting growth stage of the company. The PMs are spread across the US and Poland and work with both local and remote teams.
- Interacting with customers and prospects to understand their needs. This role will require research and conversations with customers and prospects in order to deeply understand their use cases and the intersection of those use cases with PubNub. The ideal candidate will be comfortable having both high level business conversations as well as lower level technical conversations and be able to synthesize the input from these into a set of product requirements.
- Defining Strategy and Requirements. Identify areas of investment for chat SDKs or messaging APIs. Identify the resources needed (marketing and technical) to deliver and describe the results that can be achieved given the investment.
- Execute on the plan. You will work with agile scrum teams as a product owner to execute your requirements.
- Bring Solution Kits to market. Working in tandem with our Product Marketing team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our marketing team executes on your vision to inform the world about the benefit of building their use cases on PubNub, especially using SDKs. You’ll also make sure that our team of sales executives, solution architects, and support personnel are prepared to help our customers be successful implementing their use cases with the services you’ve created.
- Measure your product’s success. You’ll have made sure to have implemented your features in a way that allows us to measure their usage and you’ll report progress against your stated goals in periodic business reviews.
- Wash, rinse, repeat. Once you’ve knocked it out of the park, you’ll be expected to iterate on your product.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of product management experience, with prior experience in technical/engineering areas
- Experience working as a product owner with agile development teams
- Experience working with developer products (especially SDKs/APIs)
- Experience working in a PaaS company is a plus.
- Experience with chat use cases is a huge plus.
- Experience with coding: PubNub is a developer platform and our product is an API. You will need to talk intelligently with customers that use these APIs. You won’t be writing a lot of code, but you need enough experience to understand how our customers use our platform.
- Be collaborative: be comfortable leaning on your teammates at PubNub to help you develop aspects of the features you are looking to drive, and be ready to help them out in the same way.
- Focused in executing features: you love seeing your features and product in action with a constant need to move the proverbial ball forwards.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Polish
- Must be able to travel (domestically and internationally) as needed for internal as well as customer/partner meetings/events
- B2B cooperation
- Open paid time off
- Monthly internet & phone stipend
- Stock Options
- PubNub Perks!
- All the hardware that you need to work effectively
- Salary: EUR 290000.00 - 420000.00 Yearly
We kindly inform we will contact only selected candidates.
If you are interested, please send your application by clicking on the button.