Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. The company helps customers through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services. We are among 100 the most ethical companies globally.
The Motion Business is a fast-growing part of Rockwell Automation that develops motion control products such as servo drives, servo motors, and independent cart systems for use in industrial applications. The most common market for these products are in factory automation applications such as packaging machinery, paper converting, printing, web handling, and automated assembly.
About the project:
Rockwell Automation is building a new team in the Motion Control department developing and maintaining Logix Studio 5000 software. Logix Studio 5000 is the leading IDE (Integrated Development Environment) on the industrial automation market operating in the Windows environment and created using C ++ and .NET technologies. We are looking for experienced people who will establish the future core of the Katowice team. The team will work closely with US specialists to develop and maintain software.
The Project Software Engineer leads and participates in the software design and implementation activities for motion control features in a PC-based software tool used for configuring automation controllers and attached devices. Leadership assignments include requirements development, architectural design, effort estimation and overseeing the work of less-experienced engineers. Additional work assignments include requirements analysis, design, coding and testing of software. This role requires strong communications skills and the ability to work effectively in large project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in software design and implementation using C++ and object-oriented design methods
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building Windows Desktop applications using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with COM, MFC, C++ 11, multithreading and .NET technologies (C#, C++/CLI, WPF)
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience of model design techniques such as UML.
- Thorough understanding of software development processes and principles, including Agile/Scrum and CI/CD.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including collaboration and influencing skills across geographic boundaries.
- Self-motivated and with strong working ethics.
- Solid understanding of software design principles.
- Proven proficiency in code quality and performance.
- Intellectually curious and detail oriented with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- English on a good level (min. B2)
- Experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation products and environments.
- Experience in collaborating with technical development teams in multiple global locations.
- Understanding continuous integration practice.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience leading project and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Experience with embedded software systems.
Rockwell Automation Sp. z o.o.
Rockwell Automation Sp.z o.o.
Rockwell Automation jest częścią globalnego przedsiębiorstwa specjalizującego się wyłącznie w automatyce przemysłowej i informatyce, zatrudniającego około 23 tys. osób w 80 krajach świata. Tworzymy takie marki, jak Allen-Bradley czy Rockwell Software. Nasza główna siedziba znajduje się w Milwaukee, natomiast w Polsce posiadamy trzy oddziały - w Warszawie, Gdańsku i Katowicach.