Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. The company helps customers through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services. We are among 100 the most ethical companies globally.
The Motion Business is a fast-growing part of Rockwell Automation that develops motion control products such as servo drives, servo motors, and independent cart systems for use in industrial applications. The most common market for these products are in factory automation applications such as packaging machinery, paper converting, printing, web handling, and automated assembly.
About the project:
Rockwell Automation is building a new team in the Motion Control department developing and maintaining Logix Studio 5000 software. Logix Studio 5000 is the leading IDE (Integrated Development Environment) on the industrial automation market operating in the Windows environment and created using C ++ and .NET technologies. We are looking for experienced people who will establish the future core of the Katowice team. The team will work closely with US specialists to develop and maintain software.
The Project Software Test Engineer leads and participates in the testing activities for motion control features in a PC-based software tool used for configuring automation controllers and attached devices. Leadership assignments include requirements development, architectural design of automated test systems, test design, effort estimation, design, coding, and verification of automated test systems. This role requires strong communications skills and ability to work effectively in large project teams.
- Leading designing, development, execution and maintenance of manual and automated tests.
- Creating test plan, test cases and test reports.
- Leading processes of automated and manual tests coverage and requirements traceability.
- Supporting team’s CI/CD environment and approach by maintaining tests up to date, executing them frequently and reporting results to agreed stakeholders
- Analyzing functional, system requirements and design for testability and risk assessment.
- Guiding less experienced team members supporting them in executing testing tasks.
- Monitoring and evaluating testing process adopted by the team and report any inefficiencies.
- Facilitating effective communication both within local teams as well as with remote stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of software testing experience with a proven experience on automated testing or software development.
- Thorough understanding of software development processes and principles, including Agile/scrum and CI/CD.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks for Windows desktop applications.
- Proven application of at least one programming language (C++ or Python preferred).
- Experience with GIT and Jenkins continuous integration environment.
- Experience with test management tools (e.g. qTest).
- Experience mentoring less experienced testers.
- Experience with end to end testing involving user interfaces.
- Good organization and analytical skills with attention to details.
- Commitment to software quality.
- Team player with strong working ethics and positive attitude.
- English on a good level (min. B2).
- Experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation products and environments.
- Experience in collaborating with technical development teams in multiple global locations.
- Understanding software design principles and experience in code refactoring.
Rockwell Automation Sp. z o.o.
Rockwell Automation Sp.z o.o.
Rockwell Automation jest częścią globalnego przedsiębiorstwa specjalizującego się wyłącznie w automatyce przemysłowej i informatyce, zatrudniającego około 23 tys. osób w 80 krajach świata. Tworzymy takie marki, jak Allen-Bradley czy Rockwell Software. Nasza główna siedziba znajduje się w Milwaukee, natomiast w Polsce posiadamy trzy oddziały - w Warszawie, Gdańsku i Katowicach.