Senior Database Administrator
823 dni temu
Luxoft is a global leader in high-end software development.
Luxoft is looking for talents with a passion for technology & ready to create original solutions. Once on board, you are invited to expand your knowledge & skills, offering you a continuous learning experience helping you stretch your potential.
So if you’re enthusiastic by the idea of accessing cutting edge technology & innovation to make an impact, why don't you join us?
- Provide database (Teradata) administration, schema changes, configuration and environment database support
- Perform regular platform management routines including but not limited to database capacity, performance, purging, table and environment maintenance
- Set out the framework and standards and drive continuous improvement of the service offering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Individual Contributor (IC)
- Teradata experience
- Good SQL knowledge
- Experience: Database administration training
- Language: Fluency in English
- Attitude: Demonstrated eagerness to learn
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
- Problem solving attitude
- Demonstrated attitude to rapidly learn technical skills and processes
- Good interactive/customer service skills
- Process orientation
- 24 x 5.5 Shift work (may require rotation between shifts)
A key client is going through a significant organizational realignment while also addressing substantive regulatory audit remediation commitments. One of the major outcomes of these activities is the creation of a centralized Production Assurance team to manage all Change Management, Quality Assurance and Production Services capabilities for the division to resolve key regulatory concerns and provide a structure to drive enhanced production quality and stability, improve effectiveness and efficiency, standardize process and technology, and provide effective governance and control. The key elements of the project include:
- Strategic planning, organizational design and transformation planning
- Program/Project management of deliverables against key regulatory remediation commitments
- Building of a centralized "Production Services" organization supporting all production applications for the division
- L1 Service Desk
- L2 Support
- Database Administration
- Process standardization and enhancement
The project will be sophisticated and have very tight timelines against aggressive regulatory remediation commitments that must be progressed while building a new organization.
The total size of the IT division is approximately 1000 people supporting 400+ applications. The application environments are critical for the client as they generate core regulatory and business financial reporting. The Production Assurance team will be ~15% of the overall organization and will own Change Management, Quality Assurance and Production Services for the division.
- Teradata, DB2, Oracle, MS SQL
- Data Stage
- Lotus Notes Domino
- Mainframe, Unix, Linux, Wintel
You will be expected to provide your technology expertise to help strengthen the position of Luxoft as a strategic IT service supplier for the customer, with a range of services spanning from very complex and large-scale IT transformational initiatives to application support.
Luxoft is a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions to a global client base consisting primarily of large multinational corporations. The Company develops its solutions and delivers its services from 32 dedicated delivery centers worldwide. It has over 12,000 employees across 39 offices in 22 countries located on 5 continents.