You will be responsible for the analyzing, researching, interpreting and documenting laws and regulations and their potential impact on products (e.g. tax returns, etc), extensive researching and analyzing of product exemptions, researching and responding to client inquiries, prioritizing, assessing risk for correspondence and assessments, updating documentation. The job includes updating and testing multiple tax data systems supporting indirect taxes.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Tax Associate, you will:
- Research, analyze, interpret and document tax laws and regulations to enable accurate tax determination and/or compliance
- Monitor tax statutes, regulations, legislative activity, court decisions, compliance forms, on a continuous basis to stay informed of changes in laws and regulations
- Prepare and analyze information on multi-state tax returns
- Implement new content and content changes within applications, complete work within prescribed content deadlines
- Design and execute test scenarios to ensure content accuracy and functionality
- Research and respond to client inquiries in partnership with Customer Support
- Responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with assigned jurisdictions related to tax return filing.
You’re a fit for the role of Tax Associate if you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in tax, accounting, and/or finance is required
- Experience with tax calculation and compliance software
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem-solving including ability to interpret, analyze and organize detailed legal, tax jurisdiction and/or geographic material
- Ability to utilize online research tools and/or data sources (e.g. Checkpoint, Tax Analysts, WestLaw)
- Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Intermediate to advance software skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word)
- Written and spoken fluency in English
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Our Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Social Impact: Two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.