JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This is great opportunity to be a part of exciting project and drive transformation in the Company to ensure that internal customers around the world are getting the Best-in-class level of service.
The Accounts Payable Manager, working for the Global Business Service Centre and reporting to P2PDirector, is accountable for Accounts Payable process and managing the team to ensure transactions are done in line with the GBS detailed documentation, SLAs, J-Sox and corporate P&Ps.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan;
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center;
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices;
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally;
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them;
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Modern office in a convenient location.
- Leading a team to deliver timely, accurate processing invoices in accordance with detailed GBS documentation (which specifies both corporate and market specific requirements), P&Ps and J-Sox controls;
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of detailed transactional GBS documentation for the entities within Sub-Region cluster (processing, IFRS, Statutory requirements) and establishing the process of updating it to ensure Core Services are executed in line with Corporate and market local accounting requirements;
- Interact with Market Chief Accountant, Market controller and Tax department to ensure significant accounting and tax changes are captured and transferred across other GBS;
- Constantly review all processes with a view to improve efficiency, quality of output and financial control; provide support to continuous improvement projects;
- Accountable for the execution of JSOX controls related to IFRS and Statutory reporting in accordance with the internal documentation;
- Plan employees development in line with their personal and professional skills and career aspirations. Monitor the development progress and make necessary corrections.
- University degree (Accounting or Finance);
- A professional qualification of ACCA, CPA, or equivalent is a plus;
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles for the countries within the cluster is an advantage;
- Excellent proven managerial skills and experience; managing medium-size teams;
- 3+ years experience of working in Financial Accounting department;
- Excellent understanding of the Accounts Payable process;
- SAP experience (proficient user);
- Strong command of English Language (oral and written). Knowledge of languages of the markets within the cluster preferred.
- Strive for professional development and be result oriented;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to lead and influence others;
- Be open minded, positive thinking and see the opportunities for changes.