JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This is great opportunity to be a part of exciting project and drive transformation in the Company to ensure that internal customers around the world are getting the Best-in-class level of service.
The position is the part of Cash Management (CM) and Accounts Receivable (AR) Team. You will provide quality customer service by working closely with internal colleagues. As a professional you will be the main point of contact within the team for technical matters while understanding all of Cash Management & Accounts Receivable processes including controls, how and when they are to be performed and evidenced. Additionally you will co-ordinate team involvement in change requests for process improvements, as well as regression testing on an annual basis ensuring the team have sufficient trained power users to support global testing requirements. You will also support CM&AR CPL with regular review of the documentation.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan;
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center;
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices;
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally;
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them;
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Modern office in a convenient location.
- Responsible for uploading various bank accounts using a variety of different banking platforms, posting journal entries to SAP as well as discontinued and legacy accounts and posting manual bank statements;
- Post and allocate all customer receipts from the bank statements;
- Banking uploads and reflecting in SAP the receipt of any cheque receipts ensuring bank accounts are cleared in SAP. Action any returned or rejected payments notifying the markets on a timely matter;
- Investigation of reconciling items and resolution;
- Creation of Sundry invoices and credit notes;
- Weekly monitoring and follow up any unallocated cash with the Markets gaining an understanding of each markets customer base;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and submit within the deadlines for approval. Actioning the month end tasks, Net Due Date Report, Missing Payment Report;
- Responsible for the monthly action of Anti Money Laundry (AML) controls around the receipts of monies from customers;
- Teamwork: Handle ad-hoc tasks delegated by the CPL; Assist and provide support to other GBS groups within the area of responsibility; Take part in local and global projects upon assignment by the CPL; Propose process improvements in the area of the responsibility.
- University degree (Accounting or Finance);
- Accounting qualification (completed or WIP) is a plus;
- Strong command of English Language (oral and written);
- Experienced SAP User; Strong Microsoft Excel user;
- At least 2 years of Bank Statement Reconciliation experience;
- Consolidation experience an advantage but not essential;
- Working with treasury transactions is an advantage, but not essential.
- Strong analytical, technical skills;
- You will identify/support process improvements and implement them;
- You are able to make decisions under pressure, work to tight deadlines.