It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest employers in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
As a professional in the Valuation area, you’ll ensure that the valuation of Nordea’s assets are correct and in line with the market and you will be given a unique opportunity within the Nordic region to gain in-depth knowledge on the valuation of financial instruments and derivatives. The individual along with the team provides a qualitative, analytical, value-add service to the business and are accountable for the quarter end financial results.
This will be a high profile role with excellent exposure to the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and improve methodologies for IPV adjustments, Market Price uncertainty, Liquidity and other Additional Valuation Adjustments
- Develop and implement calculations for these methodologies by utilizing the in-house quantitative analyst’s library with the possibility of creating your own tool for valuing vanilla or exotic instruments within your product scope.
- Build processes to efficiently source, store and/or examine pricing data from both internal and external sources for these methodologies
- Prepare materials and present findings to Valuation Committee and Senior Management
- Being responsible for maintenance/update of the Control governance and documentation surrounding your product scope.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner while demonstrating critical judgement
- Participate in (inter-department) working groups to streamline and improve processes.
- Being in the front line in regards to our regulatory interaction – ECB or PWC
- Follow-up on controls through extensive interaction with internal stakeholders (Trading, IT, Risk organization, P&L etc.)
- Taking part in initiatives which pertain upcoming regulatory projects i.e. FRTB, IBOR transition program…
The role is based in Warsaw. Welcome to a team of valuation experts working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job and hard working.
You have an analytical, goal oriented mind-set and always act with integrity. You are inspired by dealing with complex valuation issue. You can manage stress and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You have a master degree in finance, engineering or mathematics (or similar)
- You have a good understanding of valuation techniques and models in your expertise area
- Knowledge of the IFRS9 and EB RTS on prudent valuation regulation is a plus
- You are proficient in Excel, VBA, SQL and Python
- You have good communication skills and speak and write English at a professional level
- You are able reliable and committed during the period of increased workload
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Submit your application no later than 31 May 2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.