Avid Customer Care is responsible for the provision of high quality technical and operational support for our software and solutions. Avid has a product range from low-end host based to high-end infrastructure solutions, including dedicated mixing surfaces, video editing, music production, post production, and broadcast news.
Working alongside Avid’s international Support personnel, and in association with our Technical Marketing, Engineering/Test teams and our Resellers/Partners, the individual will be responsible for ensuring consistency of support to our worldwide Music, Post & Live Sound Production customer bases.
- Providing technical support, predominantly for Avid Pro Tools, Audio Consoles and Live Sound customers across all audio market segments, from creative enthusiast to professional broadcast.
- Managing support cases through web-based submissions and via phone for emergency level issues.
- Adhering to Avid’s contractual SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Are a team player
- Have a passion for audio products and technology as well as the music, film and/or broadcast industry.
- Understand that audio is one piece of a wider, sometimes highly complex production ecosystem and you are willing to learn about other products which are part of “the bigger picture”.
- Are comfortable interacting with customers everyday whether it is via phone, e-mail or in person.
- Are a keen problem solver, excelling at figuring out technical puzzles with a unique ability to stay focused and systematically boil down complex issues in order to identify the underlying cause.
- Are a self-starter who is comfortable with taking the initiative.
- Are the kind of person who is always up for the challenge but are aware that you don’t always have to know the right answer.
- BA (hons) or BSc (Hons) in Audio Production (or similar), or equivalent work experience.
- Existing knowledge/user experience with Avid’s audio products is a plus.
- You possess a high degree of computer literacy.
- You are fluent in English; second language is a plus (German, Spanish, French).
- Knowledge about network architecture, OSI models, cabling, Ethernet, Internet Protocol is a plus.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM, Atlassian JIRA and/or MS Office would be a plus.