Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep.
Across Europe we have more than 50 Fulfillment Centers, hundreds of Delivery Stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
Working in Amazon Operations is for people who like to be active and give their all. We work in a busy, dynamic environment and are part of a bigger team delivering on the expectations of millions of customers every single day.
We are open, inclusive and welcome individuality and diversity. The culture in our Operation is built on the way teams bond and the work ethic that enables our business run like clockwork. Our teams take pride in a job well done, looking out for one another, ensuring the highest safety standards and playing their part in delivering the quality service Amazon is known for around the world.
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as an Automation Engineer (AE).
The focus of the AE role is to fault find, troubleshoot and improve controls solutions for automated material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, Human-Machine Interface (HMI) systems, and control cabinets. The AE will also provide training to the Engineering Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
- Be the site level Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all controls systems and sensors within the building. Work in a hands-on manner to actively monitor, fault find and repair systems in order to provide a high level of equipment availability to internal customers.
- Train technicians in the basics of control systems fault finding in order to raise the level of knowledge within the site.
- Work within the EU Controls network to enhance the capability to monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and provide visualization and data to internal customers by means of troubleshooting and prioritizing.
- Actively participate in or own continuous improvement projects coordinated by the EU Controls network.
- Work with IT, EU Controls Engineering and Operations Engineering to ensure all systems are correctly documented and that accurate backup libraries are maintained.
- Work alongside global teams to support the installation and commission of new equipment.
- Support other sites in the EU network as required.
- Interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings plus understanding and developing improvement strategies for code conforming to IEC 61131-3.
- Relevant experience with PLC controlled automation and issue diagnosis in a continuous process or production environment.
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
- Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity visualization and monitoring.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, Ignition, Visio and AutoCAD.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
- Electrical or mechanical training degree in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related fields.
- Understanding of ISO 13849 & 62061
- Familiarity with CE Machinery Directive.
- Experience in a multi-site environment.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, data analysis and process improvement techniques.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon Fulfillment Poland sp. z o.o.