JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This role would allow significant potential for both personal and professional development, combined with interesting and challenging work.
Given its technical accounting requirements and potential for development, the role offers true opportunities to further take on additional responsibilities within the team in Warsaw or abroad for engaged and committed applicants.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
The Corporate Consolidation Analyst works as part of the Warsaw Consolidation team within the Corporate Accounting Team. The Corporate Accounting Team is ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the JTI Group IFRS Financial Statements, which are subsequently reported to JT (Japan Tobacco), the parent company based and listed in Tokyo.
The Corporate Consolidation team is primarily responsible for performing the monthly financial consolidation of the JTI group within SAP Business Consolidation System, which represents a key input into quarterly JTI group reporting.
A substantial part of this role is the execution of pre-defined quality checks on data. In addition, the Corporate Consolidation Analyst will have the opportunity to assist in the quarterly group reporting of the JTI group.
- Month end close
Assist the Corporate Consolidation Lead Manager in the month end consolidation process using SAP-BCS as required. Ensure that all assigned month end tasks are performed to schedule.
- Controlling data quality
Perform accurate and timely execution of data quality reports, identify issues above pre-defined materiality thresholds. The role is also responsible for resolving any data quality issues or other reported issues allocated within Consolidation in accordance with agreed thresholds and procedures. Ensure HQ journal reviews are IFRS compliant and review data quality check exceptions to ensure that these are valid.
- Quarterly Group IFRS reporting
Support the quarterly reporting process. Proactively adhere to the auditors' timetable to ensure timely submission of reporting pages. Minimize review points from Lead Manager.
- Internal controls
Ensure that any delegated J-SOX controls affecting the consolidation process are satisfactorily executed and evidenced for internal/external audit. Participate in the identification of new, more efficient / effective J-SOX controls.
- External audit
Support the Corporate Consolidation Lead Manager during the audit fieldwork, with resolution of any audit issues specifically on the quarterly consolidation / reporting packs.
- Projects / cross-functional support
Support and participate in any ad-hoc projects and tasks as delegated by the wider Corporate Accounting team (Warsaw & Geneva)
- University degree in finance
- Studying for an accountancy qualification
- 2+ years experience working within an accounting function in a multinational company and/or in big four or accounting firm of a similar size.
- Fluent in oral and written English
- SAP knowledge preferable
- Financial accounting experience (IFRS/US GAAP knowledge is preferable)
- Good MS Excel knowledge