JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
The Corporate Reporting Lead Manager is a high profile role with interesting and challenging work combined with a high level of responsibility, given its significant exposure to external (e.g. Group auditors) and internal stakeholders. This key role within the Corporate Accounting Team presents opportunities for future professional development within JTI in Warsaw or abroad for engaged and committed candidates.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan;
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center;
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices;
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally;
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them;
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Modern office in a convenient location.
The Corporate Reporting Lead Manager leads the Warsaw Reporting team within the Corporate Accounting department responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the JTI Group IFRS Financial Statements subsequently reported to JT (Japan Tobacco), the parent company based and listed in Tokyo.
Reporting to the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting Director, based in Geneva, the Corporate Reporting Lead Manager and his team are primarily responsible for the delivery of the quarterly JTI Group IFRS reporting to JT and other reporting (e.g. responsible for the Country-by-Country Annual Tax reporting process). The role is also responsible to manage and develop a team of three individuals to achieve a quality and timely IFRS reporting on a monthly basis, ensure harmonious communication with the auditors during quarterly closes and efficiently execute all JSOX controls related to the reporting process.
A significant focus of the role, outside IFRS reporting periods, also consists in cross-functional projects and internal process improvements, which involves working closely with other JTI departments / entities globally.
- Quarterly Group IFRS reporting
- Lead the Corporate Reporting team to deliver accurate and timely IFRS compliant reporting and disclosure notes for inclusion in JT Group consolidated financial statements
- Timely communicate any significant/recurring issues to the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting Director
- Month end tasks and other reporting
Manage the completion of IFRS disclosure notes and rectify any issues identified at this stage to minimize issues at quarter ends, including process improvements. Drive the preparation of the Country by Country Reporting, Japan Controlled Foreign Countries reporting, Key Accounts Reconciliation process.
- Internal controls (JSOX)
Ensure that all JSOX controls affecting the reporting process are satisfactorily executed.
- External audit
Responsible for supporting the wider Corporate Accounting team (Warsaw and Geneva) during the audit fieldwork and resolving any audit issues directly linked to the financial reporting.
- People management
Active role in the recruitment, management and development of a team of up to 3 qualified/ part qualified accountants. Ensure training, development & motivation of direct reports. Work with the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting Director to define team objectives. Conduct annual appraisals and follow up on team performance regularly.
- University degree in finance
- Chartered / certified accountant
- 5+ years within an accounting function, preferrably in a multinational and/or big four audit firm or accounting firm of similar size
- Experience of managing direct reports
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Financial accounting experience (IFRS/US GAAP knowledge is preferable)
- Experience/understanding of group consolidation
- SAP knowledge preferable
- Strong MS Excel knowledge