JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This is a high profile role with interesting and challenging work, given its significant exposure to external (e.g. Group auditors) and internal stakeholders. Working across JTI departments is essential.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
The Corporate Financial Reporting Manager is a key role within the Corporate Accounting department. The Corporate Accounting department is ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the JTI Group IFRS Financial Statements subsequently reported to JT (Japan Tobacco), the parent company based and listed in Tokyo.
The Corporate Reporting Manager is reporting directly to the Corporate Reporting Lead Manager in Warsaw.
- Quarterly Group IFRS reporting
Responsible for preparing IFRS disclosure notes that are sent to the parent company JT for inclusion in the Group consolidated financial statements. Ensuring subsidiaries' reporting packs are thoroughly prepared in accordance with JT requirements.
- Statement of Cash Flow
Take ownership for the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly consolidated statement of cash flow.
- Other reporting and continuous improvement
Responsible for preparing IFRS consolidated financial statements. Assist in the Country By Country Reporting process and Japan Controlled Foreign Countries reporting processes.
- Internal controls
Ensure that all assigned JSOX controls are satisfactorily executed and evidenced.
- External audit
Support the Corporate Reporting Lead Manager during the audit fieldwork each quarter resolving any audit issues specifically on the quarterly reporting packs.
- Projects / cross-functional support
Support and participate in any ad-hoc projects and tasks as delegated by the wider Corporate Accounting team (Warsaw & Geneva)
- IFRS reporting to JT Tokyo: Ensure timely and accurate collection of subsidiary data & quality control of reporting packs.
- University degree in finance
- Chartered / certified accountant
- 5+ years within an accounting function, preferrably in a multinational and/or big four audit firm or accounting firm of similar size
- Experience of managing direct reports
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Financial accounting experience (IFRS/US GAAP knowledge is preferable)
- Experience/understanding of group consolidation
- SAP knowledge preferable
- Strong MS Excel knowledge