We are now looking for a data oriented Operational Risk Officer. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about big data and risk management. This is an opportunity for you to join a team and build up a data driven risk management function to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness. You will be able to contribute to improving Nordea’s holistic understanding of operational risks and how to mitigate them efficiently. Together with a team of dedicated professionals you will be able to drive and develop the future of data driven operational risk management.
As the Data Oriented Senior Operational Risk Officer, you will contribute to the execution of Group Risk & Compliance’s strategy and the delivery of Operational Risk’s annual Assurance plan. In this role you will also build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Nordea’s governance, risk management and control processes.
This Data Oriented Operational Risk Officer (ORO) will be part of the independent 2nd LoD Business Control team within Operational Risk Assurance.
About this opportunity
You’ll join the Operational Risk Assurance team where you will play an integral role in providing the expertise necessary to monitor and control the management of operational risks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Data mining to support the assurance activities across all business of Nordea, as well as running and improving daily risk data controls
- Developing and automating reports and dashboards to create valuable insights for senior management and stakeholders across the organization
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert around data in different initiatives, advising and providing analysis
- Solving the puzzle of integrating various data sources and building analytical models and structure data
- Building and developing a comprehensive picture of Nordea's Operational Risks for a specific Business Area
The role can be based in any of Nordea’s Polish locations.
Who you are
- Excellent written and spoken English
- At least a master’s degree in computer engineering, mathematics or IT
- Experience working with relational databases, data modelling, BI architecture, and visualization
- Proven expertise programming and preferably you have knowledge about Project Portfolio Management processes and tools, as well as strong attention to detail, with an analytical and challenging mindset
- Happy and secure working both independently and as a part of a team, and you have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Good Business and IT stakeholder communication, and presentation skills at all levels
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 25th September 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.