Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company's success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential that our global, cloud-based products are supported with a stable infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer, you will directly manage our Linux servers and applications in multiple environments, dealing with challenges native to a complex scalable architecture using industry standard tools to effectively provision, orchestrate and maintain a platform that handles millions of requests every day.
Not everywhere do you have a chance to deploy and manage services across five continents, 20+ datacenters, serving billions of customers. Talk about massive scope, right?
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You follow DevOps methodologies and keep up to date with the latest tools and practices like infrastructure-as-code and platform-as-a-service.
- You have an urge to automate everything you have to do more than once, whether it's setting up balancing, or deploying whole datacenters.
- You have a broad overview of the infrastructure your team is working on and understand the complex dependencies and components of the whole system.
- You have a passion for investigating and troubleshooting and are naturally curious about how stuff works.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with thought out ideas that result in adoption and improvements of our platform, workflow or toolkit.
- You aren't afraid to ask questions – you proactively share knowledge and help yourself and your team evolve.
More about you:
You have experience with Linux administration (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
You know how make applications highly available using various load balancing solutions (preferably open source)
Experience with public and private cloud providers like AWS, MS Azure, Openstack.
You are proficient in at least 1 scripting language (Python, Bash..)
You’ve used at least one configuration management tool and understand how either Chef, Ansible or Puppet work
You have experience with monitoring, logging, and observability tools (Prometheus, Elastic stack, Graylog)
You have an ability to learn quickly and enjoy working in a high-paced environment
You build positive, lasting relationships with your colleagues in the team
You’re not afraid to ask questions or take initiative for your ideas
You have Docker knowledge and hands on experience
You have experience with Kubernetes - essential knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities
You know Go lang - ability to read code and improve API service
You have experience with versioning and CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory...)
Basic understanding of Agile methodology.
Experience with databases and message brokers – PostgreSQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ and others are a plus.
You know when to reach for Wireshark to troubleshoot network communication
You had some experience with Hashicorp tools like Terraform, Vagrant, Consul or Vault.
Coding skills in some other compiled languages
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. We have datacenters all over the world, from Washington to Hong Kong, and they include thousands of virtual servers. Be a part of a system that is live 24/7 and generates traffic that measures in millions of messages every minute.
- Never a dull moment – We work with powerful companies with strong impact, which pushes us to work on the highest possible level. Work on uncharted challenges and push boundaries on a daily basis
- Opportunity Knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Lots of opportunities for development; whether it's horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve
- Grow your knowledge – Learn as you go, starting from the internal education and onboarding from your colleagues, to our Engineering conference, e-learning, Udemy, attending conferences... Knowledge is for sharing, and learning is a path to growth.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, team buildings and other organized activities, company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!
- Work from your hometown - Although most of your colleagues are located in Saint Petersburg, we don't have a problem with you working from your hometown
Infobip is a global leader in omnichannel engagement powering a broad range of messaging channels, tools and solutions for advanced customer engagement, authentication and security. We help our clients and partners overcome the complexity of consumer communications, grow their business and enhance customer experience – all in a fast, secure and reliable way. Quality engineering is the backbone of everything we do. To build great customer solutions on the edge of innovation means we hire, grow, and retain the best engineering talent across the world. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve grown into an Engineering Powerhouse employing 2100+ people that help us change the world with our products and solutions.