At GSK Finance Hub we are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. We are a high performing talented team which support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
We are creating a new Regional Finance Hub team in Poznan who will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs responsible for Planning & Reporting and Close & Control activities as well as more complex accounting activities.
The teams in the regional Finance hubs will work together to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our HQ Finance teams in London.
We are looking for experienced Financial Controlling Manager to join our Financial Reporting team for Europe, located in our newly created Finance Hub in Poznan
- Take full responsibility for all controller activities for the Corporate entities in the UK and the US including SOX compliance and controls governance.
- Be outward facing to senior stakeholders, accountable for the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the month end, quarter end and year end corporate reporting in line with standard accounting practices and group policies and procedures. This role will also own the Balance Sheet for a regional segment.
- Transform the provision of Financial Reporting activities for a defined base of customers in our newly created European centre in Poznan
- Deliver high end Corporate R2R activities through a team of accountants located in Poznan
- Drive service performance for the remote Service Provider located in India (performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities), balancing cost, quality, customer experience and risk management
- Take responsibility for the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the IFRS reporting (corporate reporting) and the Balance Sheet for all the Corporate Entities in the UK and the US
- Interface with Process Service Delivery Leads overseeing the provision of certain accounting services namely Fixed Assets and Intercompany for the Corporate entities
- Be the point of contact and escalation for all the Group Controller team members located in the Poznan hub and also with the CRM in the hub to ensure that there is consistency in working practices within the hub and is daily on site point of contact
- Lead a team of accountants co-located in Poznan and oversee BPO teams (performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities)
- Basic qualifications:
- Accounting degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in Financial Reporting and / or Audit Firm (at least 8 years of working experience in relevant area)
- Deep understanding of R2R End to End processes and associated technology platforms
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working in a Control / SOX environment
- Experience of working in a corporate/SSC environment and/or experience of managing of BPO for a sizeable company
- Strong Financial Controllership experience
- People management skills
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and availability to take part in migration processes
- Preferred qualifications:
- FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Previous experience of SAP preferred
- Experience working on a transformation or Global Process initiative an advantage
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan and GSK’s shared value plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Company Car
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
GSK is one of the leading global healthcare companies, driven by innovation and scientific developments. Our mission is to improve the quality of life, enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We conduct research aimed at improving the quality of life in three basic areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. In our activities, we strive to be a responsible partner, building trust-based relations with Polish healthcare system participants, focusing on dialogue and transparent cooperation. We provide Polish patients with over 300 medicines and healthcare products.