JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This is great opportunity to be a part exciting project and drive transformation in the Company to ensure that internal customers around the world a getting the Best-in-class level of service.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- Manage the team which own IFRS and Statutory reporting.
- Initiate manual posting for IFRS and Statutory ledger based on principles agreed with the markets and stipulated in SLAs;
- Ensure correctness and completeness of IFRS, statutory, statistical and other reporting in line with established deadlines;
- Prepare key account reconciliation and execute other controls as per J-Sox framework/SLA;
- Maintain R2R master data for the entities within the cluster (CoA parameters, CC/PC, CIT codes, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors, provide all requested comments and clarifications to auditors and market finance teams;
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of detailed transactional GBS documentation for the entities within the Cluster (processing, IFRS, Statutory requirements) and establishing the process of updating it to ensure Core Services are executed in line with Corporate and market local accounting requirements.
- Interact with Market Chief Accountant, Market controller, Tax department to ensure timely accounting and tax knowledge transfer to cluster team and across other BSC groups is done.
- Ensure all JSOX / operational controls are accurately executed and evidenced in strict timings.
- Drive process improvement within the teams.
- University degree (Accounting or Finance).
- A professional qualification of ACCA, CPA, etc. is required.
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles for the countries within the cluster is an advantage.
- 5+ years experience in a multinational company including preferably 2 years of managerial experience in a Shared Service Centre multifunction role (i.e. AR/AP/CM/GL).
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong command of English Language (oral and written).
- Knowledge of languages of the markets within the cluster preferred.
- Strong accounting and tax knowledge, ability to prepare Statutory and other relevant reporting.
- Good knowledge of SAP preferred (FI/CO SAP modules (SAP certification a plus)) and Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Experience in project and performance management.
- Be open minded, positive thinking and see the opportunities for changes.