At GSK Finance Hub we are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. We are a high performing talented team which support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
(GSK Finance Hub)
We are creating a new Regional Finance Hub team in Poznan who will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs responsible for Planning & Reporting and Close & Control activities as well as more complex accounting activities such as Production Accounting.
The teams in the regional Finance hubs will work together to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our HQ Finance teams in London.
We are planning to employ about 80 highly-skilled professionals. By 2020 we will employ approximately 300 high performing finance talents.
- Firs of all you will play a key role in setting up a team and in leading the receiving side of the migration process from London to Poznan
- Your post-transition, will be to lead a team of team leaders and accountants located in Poznan and a BPO team located in India, your responsibilities may include – but non-exhaustively:
- Supervising Financial Reporting activities and BPO operations delivery for a set region: General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities
- Accurate and timely delivery of the IFRS reporting (corporate reporting) and the Balance Sheet in your scope
- Reporting periodic closing activities in line with accounting standards, group policies and procedures for your scope
- Cooperate with the Process Service Delivery Leads overseeing the provision of certain accounting services: fixed asset, intercompany, inventory accounting and Master Data management
- Be the point of contact for the Customers and Auditors
- Monitoring of internal control system to ensure it is in line with compliance requirements (including SOX requirements)
- Managing internal and external audit procedures
- Drive continuous improvement within your team both in Poznan and BPO, you are accountable to identify opportunities and work closely with Global Process Owner to deliver change initiatives
- Support the successful delivery of projects in collaboration with Finance Transformation Global Process Owner and relevant department in GSK to deliver the Finance strategy
- Managing your people always in line with GSK Values and Expectations, drive individual and team performance, fostering engagement and motivation in the team, ensure adequate individual development and strong succession plan
Please note that this role is part of a brand new organisation in process of being shaped for the future. As such, your scope may vary or change over time and your support might be required for either Business as usual or Project related activities.
- Basic qualifications:
- Accounting degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of R2R End to End processes and associated technology platforms
- Experience of working with SOX
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Financial Reporting or Audit firm
- Experience of working in a corporation environment
- Team management experience including experience managing finance teams
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Willingness and availability to take part in migration processes
- Preferred qualifications:
- A second European language is a bonus
- Knowledge of SAP will be preferred
- FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Financial Controllership / Finance Business Partner experience would be a strong asset
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan and GSK’s shared value plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Company Car
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
GSK is one of the leading global healthcare companies, driven by innovation and scientific developments. Our mission is to improve the quality of life, enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We conduct research aimed at improving the quality of life in three basic areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. In our activities, we strive to be a responsible partner, building trust-based relations with Polish healthcare system participants, focusing on dialogue and transparent cooperation. We provide Polish patients with over 300 medicines and healthcare products.