The Geospatial Data Specialist is responsible for assessing, manipulating and modifying geospatial third party data sets to create alignment with Google schema. Advanced proficiency in GIS data processing is required including coursework and/or previous work in ArcGIS, QGIS. This role includes a customer experience component that involves interaction with our external GIS professional partners.
- Manipulate geospatial data sets in ArcGIS/QGIS/relevant mapping software.
- Ability to analyze the components of a shapefile and other standard formats for data quality.
- Recognize appropriate data projection for data sets based on location and standards.
- Evaluate geospatial data sets for freshness, quality and accuracy.
- Research open source geospatial basemap data sets and evaluate for quality.
- Respond to geospatial data providers questions using industry knowledge and customer care.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward partners at all times.
- Use mapping tools and GIS experience to continually improve mapping accuracy and edits.
- Ability to work independently, troubleshoot problems with minimal oversight.
- Analyze mapping data and make decisions based on policy to complete mapping workflows.
- Maintain geospatial documentation to ensure partners and stakeholders are informed of standards and required schema.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative insights to mapping processes as part of post-project analysis or deep-dive.
- Run QA tools and answer key quality questions about workflows.
- Enter key mapping metadata and other information as requested with high accuracy.
- Handle complex and time-sensitive geospatial data modeling questions.
- Proactively identify and raise systemic problems with tools or processes.
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding global organization,
- Pleasant and inspiring working atmosphere,
- Professional development and clear career path,
- Training & development opportunities,
- Private healthcare and additional life insurance,
- Employee volunteering programs and opportunities,
- Employee referral program in place,
- Competitive salary with cafeteria benefits and bonuses
COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS POLAND SP Z O O
Cognizant is a leading IT Services provider globally, transforming Clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
At Cognizant, we celebrate diversity and inclusion across our workforce and with our partners, communities and fellow racing fans. That’s why, alongside the Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One team, we work in unison for a more inclusive future. All in, all welcome.