FDM is a FTSE 250 company and multi award-winning employer with a focus on IT. Through our Graduate Programme we have launched over 100 careers within Poland so far and we have many more upcoming opportunities available. With 5,000+ employees, we provide IT services on a global scale and work with over 200 high profile clients in 30+ industries across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, launching the careers of thousands of graduates every year.
About the role
FDM will provide you with the necessary training to gain the skills needed for this role. We welcome applicants from all degree backgrounds. All you need is your drive and passion for building an exciting and dynamic career in the world’s fastest growing industry.
In your role you will gain invaluable hands-on experience working on the latest technologies while helping our clients design and build software solutions. You will learn to create code that is modular, robust, scalable and maintainable to a professional standard. Your responsibilities will involve ensuring that programmes and applications are working effectively and meeting all technical and business requirements. A career in Software Development suits those who enjoy applying their technical and creative minds to finding solutions to real-world software problems.
What we offer you:
- 12-14 weeks of acclaimed and commercially relevant paid training in: Professional and Communication skills (employability skills, interview preparation and CV tailoring), SQL, Unix, OO Development using Java or .NET, Web Application Design, Java Data Access, Java EE and Java Spring
- Opportunity to achieve industry-recognised qualifications
- Chance to secure a placement with world-renowned companies - after 18 months of commercial experience, you can decide to continue working for the client, progress to be a senior consultant at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience you have gained
- Opportunities for career development in Poland as well as internationally
- Individual mentoring and ongoing support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Open door to tech talks, networking and social events
We ask you have:
- University degree (final score of ‘dobry’ and above) – all degrees are welcome
- Eligibility to work in Poland
- Preferred English level B2 or higher
- Passion for technology - no previous experience in the field required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Motivation, ambition and a drive to succeed
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Interest in working within Warsaw
- Commitment to an 18-months contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
With 90+ nationalities working together as a team, we encourage inclusivity and celebrate diversity, in terms of background, culture and skills. Our Women in Tech initiative supports women in the industry, aiming to create a more gender balanced workforce. As a part of the FDM consultant community, your efforts will always be recognised and rewarded, and you will be supported throughout your FDM journey to achieve your career goals.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.
FDM Grupa Polska sp. z o.o.
We create exciting careers that shape our digital future
We are a global professional services provider focusing on IT and we recruit the brightest talent to become the innovators of tomorrow. With our industry relevant training and continuous support, you will embark on an exciting new career in technology or business and work with our global strategic partners that include some of the biggest companies in the world. We have centres located across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific and we currently have 3,500+ consultants working with over 200 high profile clients.
Our award-winning Graduate Programme is an excellent way for recent graduates to enter the job market after university. We welcome applicants from all degree backgrounds – you don't have to have studied IT to work in IT. We will equip you with:
- Technical and business training from industry experts
- Opportunity to achieve relevant certifications
- 18 months of commercial experience
- A foot in the door with one or more of our prestigious clients
- Ongoing career support and professional development
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Once you have completed your training in your chosen career path, you will become an FDM Consultant and start your 18 months placement with one of our leading clients based in Kraków, working on-site as a fully integrated member of their teams. During your time with FDM, you will receive continuous support and will benefit from invaluable commercial experience with our high-profile clients in various sectors. Many graduates see their placement culminating in a permanent contract with the client.
SUPPORTING YOUR PROGRESSION
We have a number of programmes and initiatives in place to continuously support and engage with our people.
Our online wellbeing portal provides a range of helpful resources, including professional guidance and advice. Consultants also have support from Wellbeing Ambassadors throughout the FDM community.
We partner consultants with mentors based on their career aspirations and helps build long term professional development opportunities.
We have multiple employee-led networks designed to offer a group for discussion around shared characteristics and support for those in the community.
Consultant Peer Support
We introduce new FDMers to those already working on-site, to help them settle into their new role.
Consultant Collaboration Platform
On our platform, trainees and consultants can connect, socialise with each other and access helpful resources to aid learning and development.
Your journey with FDM does not stop when you leave. As a member of our Alumni Network, you’ll have access to our mentoring programme, expert speaker events and a network of fellow tech professionals.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN?
After completing your online application, if successful, we will invite you for:
- telephone interview
- online tests
- attend an assessment centre
We have designed our recruitment process to be inclusive and eliminate bias:
- Everyone who interviews applicants for our careers programme has undergone unconscious bias training
- We use strengths-based questions from the first telephone interview through to assessment day, which ensures we are assessing applicants based on their motivations and goals
- We encourage candidates from a non-STEM background to consider a career in technology, no matter which degree