As a Mapping Expert you will be responsible for high impact work in improving city transit data and providing country specific expertise.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining transit data pipelines and establishing the ground truth in the city they work and you will provide details and information for the country they represent.
This role includes communicating with internal stakeholder teams and external companies to achieve project goals, creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, innovative and successful.
Who are we?
The team works on keeping Maps Data current and reflective of real world changes. They work on issues submitted by end users of maps and tests the location results of user queries submitted via web search or maps interface. You will be responsible for high impact work in improving city transit data and providing specific expertise.
- Proficiency in GIS mapping tools and SME with deep knowledge of the city/country's transit/traffic network.
- Tech savvy - basic programing skills (JAVA, C#, C++, Python).
- Knowledge of traffic laws, landmarks, political modeling and key mapping features of the city/country.
- Great communication skills, capable to quickly understand the business requirement, analyze mapping data and make decisions based on policy to provide best-practice solution.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Create city level transit data modeling policies based on the market needs and local regulations.
- Identify transit user expectations, broken critical user journeys, data gaps and provide insights to the product.
- Provide input to create country specific policy to existing general policy. Mapping Expert works to apply existing Mapping policies to their specific country, providing insights into traffic laws, landmarks, political modeling and key mapping features.
- Manage city specific data pipelines through the transit data management platform, including updating pipelines using basic programming skills.
- Review of mapping operations issues for quality checks related to specific countries of expertise.
- Create guideline documents to be used by operators with country specific insights.
- Acting as a point of contact for mapping operations country-specific questions.
- Leverage local familiarity with regional urban transit systems and expertise to Identify patterns and systematic data gaps.
- Opportunity to be part of a global organization with good practices focused on continuous development.
- Open-minded and multinational environment.
- Professional development and trainings.
- Remote work or work form office in Warsaw.
- Pleasant and inspiring working atmosphere.
- Training & development opportunities within company.
- Competitive salary with cafeteria benefits
COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS POLAND SP Z O O