We are looking for a model risk analyst to our dynamic team in Collective Impairment Models. The job provides an exciting mix of challenges, where different areas of knowledge and skills shall be employed: working with big data, creating expected credit loss framework, analyzing economic behavior, understanding and abiding to regulatory constraints and further, to explain complex models to stakeholders on all levels across the Bank. You will join a highly professional and dedicated team with a large network across the bank and with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So, bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
Welcome to the ECL Models team. Working with us, you will be part of one of the most important programs for the bank, which consists of upscaling Nordea’s internal models and frameworks for credit risk. You will have great possibilities to develop your skills within credit risk area – a field which is in high focus in Nordea.
Being part of the broader Group Risk & Compliance organization, you'll help ensure that compliance underpins every decision we make and every action we take. By bringing your perspectives to the team and through your focus on quality and cooperation, you will be important.
What you’ll be doing:
- Join an open and inspiring atmosphere, where you will cooperate closely with your colleagues across the bank
- Play a key role in a wide range of tasks connected to credit risk including:
- defining good solutions and frameworks for expected credit loss
- developing SAS/Python tool to enable impact simulation for the entire portfolio
- providing sharp data analytics to contribute to key decisions
- building strong relationship with different stakeholders within and outside the bank to facilitate understanding on our models and framework
- Work in various interesting projects that are highly prioritized within the bank - as contributor, and with possibilities to act as driver
The role is based in Warsaw.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Show quantitative analytical capability, proactivity and problem-solving skills. You are comfortable working with large datasets and enjoy finding solutions to loosely defined problems
- Are a team player and can work closely with stakeholders from different parts of the bank
- Can prioritize and are committed to deliver high quality on time - also under time pressure
- Are dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult
Your experience and background:
- An academic degree (MSc or PhD) within a quantitative field, including but not limited to statistics, mathematics, economics or engineering
- Proficiency with programming languages such as SAS, Python, R
- Experience working with data and models preferred
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 30/06/2021. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.