For our new project we are looking for a experienced Oracle DBA candidate who will be responsible for day-to-day support/maintenance of the DB infrastructure. The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks which includes liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams Unix and Storage.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of issues during production outages and provide resolution or workaround quickly to mitigate business impact. Help identify root cause.
- Perform maintenance activities on the infrastructure during regular planned dates and during scheduled major maintenance weekends.
- Partner with peer operations team, Storage, Networks, Unix and application support during production problems and on assigned projects as required.
- Perform above tasks while at the same time adhering to project policies around incident, problem and change management and best practices.
- Exposure to work in a Critical and Complex Environment.
- Database Life Cycle management project – Deployment, Configuration, Migration and Decommission.
- End to End Planning, co-ordination and execution of the projects individually as per the timelin.
- Data Center knowledge with respect to set up of new RAC, Data Guard, backups and DR tests.
- Experience in handling multi-terabyte databases on various Oracle version 9i, 10g, 11g, and 12c over different OS platforms (mainly Solaris and Linux).
- Experience in using RMAN (Full, incremental and archive backups), clone methodology (normal/duplicate), refresh using RMAN and good knowledge of using DISK and TAPE level backups.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting standby databases. Mandatory to have worked on Data Guard setup to do switchover, failover operations.
- Working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Streams.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Oracle RAC (single node, multi-node).
- Working knowledge in using GRID control to manage large databases.
- Experience in troubleshooting production database performance issues, long running jobs.
- Experience in query tuning, Optimizer concepts, knowledge of statistics, plan basics and advisor knowledge.
- Experience in using EXP and DATAPUMP technology to do the schema/table/database refreshes.
- Experience in scripting (Shell, Perl, etc) and Unix environments
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding global organization with irreproachable reputation.
- A role that provides you progress both professionally and personally.
- Open-minded an multinational environment.
- Pleasant and inspiring working atmosphere.
- Professional development and clear career path.
- Possible trainings with international specialists.
- Training & development opportunities within company.
- Competitive salary with cafeteria benefits.
If you want to apply for this job please, send us your curriculum vitae in English
by clicking on
In case this offer does not match your profile but you know someone who might be interested we would be grateful for forwarding this job offer!
COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS POLAND SP Z O O