Przesuń w lewo lub prawo,
aby przejść do następnej lub poprzedniej oferty pracy
R&D Applied Mathematician
6 dni temu
Corporate Research Center located in Krakow is one of seven ABB research units in the we create innovative solutions for our products and systems. We are looking for Applied Mathematicians, Physicists and Electrical Engineers to join our area of mathematical modelling. In this job you will use state of the art techniques and emerging technologies to build new power Business Unit Grid Automation’s analytics, control and optimization software applications.
The Applied Math Engineer is a contributor to an Agile Scrum team primarily responsible for the product development of ABB Enterprise Software solutions in areas of energy power management, network control and asset health center. These solutions incorporate optimization algorithms utilizing
linear, mixed-integer, and other mathematical modelling techniques to simulate electric and natural gas transmission as well as distribution networks.
We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working with business-oriented development team, someone who is flexible team focused, easy to work with and an excellent communicator.
- Conducting functional and technical research for new functionality;
- Creating technical designs and modeling algorithms for new functionality;
- Working with advanced mathematical calculations related to power systems engineering and data analytics;
- Analyzing business requirements and translate into technical designs.
- Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or related field;
- 3+ years related experience;
- Optimization algorithm skills and experience;
- Knowledge in forecasting algorithms such as neural networks, machine learning, etc.;
- Experience in linear programming (LP) and mixed-integer programming (MIP), solving very large problems involving hundreds of thousands of variables and constraints;
- Experience in decomposition techniques for reducing very large problems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (fluent in English);
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies;
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas;
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market;
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
- Good working environment.
ABB Sp. z o.o.
ABB jest globalnym liderem kształtującym przyszłość w dziedzinie cyfryzacji przemysłu. Każdego dnia pracownicy ABB na całym świecie pracują nad rozwiązaniem największych problemów współczesnych czasów, takich jak dostarczanie ekologicznej energii, zwiększanie wydajności i wprowadzanie strategii zrównoważonego rozwoju.