At GSK Finance Hub we are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. We are a high performing talented team which support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
(GSK Finance Hub)
We are creating a new Regional Finance Hub team in Poznan who will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs responsible for Planning & Reporting and Close & Control activities as well as more complex accounting activities such as Production Accounting.
The teams in the regional Finance hubs will work together to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our HQ Finance teams in London.
We are planning to employ about 80 highly-skilled professionals. By 2020 we will employ approximately 300 high performing finance talents.
You are part of the R2R Europe team. You support our Team Leads in the delivery of a complete, accurate, compliant and timely IFRS reporting (corporate reporting) for a given set of markets, ensuring that monthly and close activities are carried out in a robust and efficient manner by our partner BPO: performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities.
- Firs of all you will play a key role in supporting receiving side of the migration process from London to Poznan
- Your post-transition responsibilities may include – but non-exhaustively:
- Cooperating with our BPO partner to ensure that all activities are carried out in a solid and efficient manner especially performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities
- Support period end financial closing activities to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the IFRS reports and control the Balance Sheet for your scope
- Supervising of everyday BPO operations deliverables as well as designing, embedding and monitoring KPIs and SLAs
- Engage in preparing complex analysis and summaries as required
- Closing open issues and ensuring right steps to prevent re-occurrence
- Reviewing the documentation for all month-end control process, ensuring full compliance with SOX requirements, driving control remediation when necessary
- Managing complex situations proactively and drive continuous service improvements
- Being the face to the market establishing strong relationship with business
- Manage and support one or more accountants /analysts
Please note that this role is part of a brand new organisation in process of being shaped for the future. As such, your scope may vary or change over time and your support might be required for either Business as usual or Project related activities.
- Basic qualifications:
- Accounting degree / qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related industries or similar roles
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in Control/SOX environment
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Ability t0 work independently and within the team
- Client-centric attitude
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and availability to take part in migration process
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience in Audit/Accounting Firm preferred
- SAP experience will be a strong asset
- A second European language is a bonus
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Using English on daily basis
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Flexible working hours
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
GSK is one of the leading global healthcare companies, driven by innovation and scientific developments. Our mission is to improve the quality of life, enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We conduct research aimed at improving the quality of life in three basic areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. In our activities, we strive to be a responsible partner, building trust-based relations with Polish healthcare system participants, focusing on dialogue and transparent cooperation. We provide Polish patients with over 300 medicines and healthcare products.