It’s an exciting time to join our Financial Reporting and Control unit as we have just started to build our department structures in Warsaw and offer lots of new opportunities to people willing to continue their professional growth within the risk area.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So, bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
The Risk & Profitability Analytics unit is a group of highly technical risk experts that are responsible for the development of the market risk limit framework, offering expertise and tooling to explain risk development to our Markets and Treasury Front Office stakeholders, and automating risk controls to make our work efficient.
As Senior Analyst you will play a valuable role by applying your technical skills and risk knowledge to solve business problems, with high focus on automation. You will be joining a highly skilled and supportive team that allows you to continues your professional growth as a risk expert within the biggest Bank in the Nordics.
What you will be doing:
- developing and maintaining our End User Developed risk applications, such as the ones used for Traded and Non-traded Market Risk limit calculations and related reconciliation tooling
- driving development towards IT to integrate our risk solutions with established IT infrastructure
- reaching out to respective stakeholders to create an own understanding of the infrastructure, and together draft a common vision for the solutions and execute on plans.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Are active and self-driven, not hesitating to independently reach out to stakeholders to increase your own level of understanding, align approaches and ensure progress
- Have gained insights into how market risk metrics work and are being utilised within banks, also understanding the regulatory implications
- Are familiar with handling large amounts of data and can grasp data transformation processes between various IT systems
- Have an excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Have a few years of experience in banking/finance sector
- Have proven IT skills, such as SQL and Python, and have developed business applications/solutions. Any prior experience with workflow tools (e.g. Alteryx, DataStage) and visualization tools (Qlik/Power BI) is an advantage
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 5 May 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
INFORMATION CLAUSE FOR CANDIDATES WILLING TO WORK AT NORDEA BANK Abp S.A. branch in Poland
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.