Works as a FPGA Architect and Designer for 5G products. Works under general direction and interprets internal/external business issues and recommended best practice in own discipline.
Take overall responsibility for architecture work of 5G ATF SoC products. Come up with new HW module design and digital HW features. Design and develop new FPGA features. Performs requirements decomposition and analysis, creates FPGA architecture, designs, implementation and verifies Verilog code. Responsibility for hardware integration and testing of the various 5G products.
Manages activities, developed specialist knowledge in FPGA responsibility areas, coaches other team members in solving all engineering problems. Solves complex FPGA problems and provides support for Firmware, Middleware and other SW groups. Typically participates in reviews of own or neighboring projects. Undertake technical training responsibilities.
Prepares and discuses RCA, EDA, FIA, QB actions with Nokia-coordinators and Program representatives.
Maintain FPGA 5G architecture documentation. Deliver requirement for Digital HW and FW group. Performs requirements analysis and decomposition, creates FPGA architecture, design and implementation of Verilog/System Verilog code. Development new FPGA features and maintenance of existing products. On this position will be responsible also for coordination hardware/software integration and testing of the various 5G products and supportive tools.
Technologies & product Altera & Xilinx FPGA silicon, NIOS Processor, Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog converters, Agilent and Rohde & Schwarz measurement equipment such as Vector Signal Analyzer and Generator.
Essential technical skills:
- Education M. Sc. from Computing Science, Telecommunication or a similar subject
- Excellent knowledge of English (both spoken and written)
- Requirement creation and Architecture design experience in Digital HW domain
- High FPGA programming skills, Verilog synthezable programming- Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL
- Embedded HW & SW integration experience in Real-time operating system environment
- Matlab/Simulink/Octave or similar tool knowledge
- Extensive experience in Hardware integration and system component testing
- Excellent understanding of architecture documentation and Technical Writing Skills
- Nokia HW/HW Digital process development Knowledge
Additional technical skills:
- Multi-core environment, embedded system background knowledge
- Good mathematical skills
- Low level/platform programming & debugging tools knowledge
- Good programming skills with script languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Unix shell)
- Pronto, Jira tool, ClearCase, Doors
12+ years’ experience in FPGA development and Hardware-Software integration