Would you like to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking? We are now looking for an a Senior/experience IT Change Manager to our IT Change & Release Management Team in Core Technology. This position is responsible to drive & lead the way in strengthening how our end users acting and performing in the Change & Release Management Process.
At Nordea, we know our customers’ needs are changing – and we’re deeply committed to meeting them with the financial solutions of tomorrow. We’re creating an agile environment where we’re harnessing the power of technology – one where you can make an impact. So bring your skills, ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
Welcome to the IT Change & Release Management team. We add value by securing that our changes and releases are of high standard and our development and operational teams are equipped with all the best practices and tooling needed to maintain best-in-class services for our customers. You will join a team of highly skilled, dedicated and experienced change managers who share a common goal – Quality.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide advanced change & release consulting especially in complex areas
- Drive adoption of the Change & Release Management practices across the bank.
- Support and coach our business, development, and operations and teams
- Gather insight from Stakeholders to develop and improve our processes based on feedback.
- Simplify and speed up changes through the use of API and tool integration.
- Identify quick wins, recommending areas for improvements.
- Provide training and coaching support to our change & release management community.
- Develop and Implement process improvements which reduce labor by simplifying tasks (process automation) or speeds the process.
- Design and/or implementation of integrated automation
You’ll join a vibrant self-organizing team where your ideas are always welcome, your contribution is always valued and you get all the support when you need it. This is an opportunity where you can grow and develop yourself.
The role is based in Warsaw, Poland.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you are
- Ambitious and curious, eager to learn more
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Service minded with a strong sense of customer need
- Curious, initiative and innovative
- Analytical with creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-organized with strong sense of urgency
- Confident in tackling the unknown
- You enjoy working in an international environment
- An example others follow
Your experience and background
- 3 years' practical experience working with Change or Release Management activities
- 2 years’ experience working in large enterprise companies
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of the DevOps setup
- You are confident having discussions at all levels of seniority
- Excellent knowledge of IT operations, IT best practices, and industry trends
- Proficient in ITIL and SAFe methodologies, preferably with Change & Release Management
- Experience working with ITSM tools (BMC Remedy/HELIX, ServiceNow)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 22 August 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce
Nordea Bank Abp Oddział w Polsce wchodzi w skład Grupy Nordea, największej skandynawskiej instytucji finansowej, zatrudniającej prawie 30 000 osób na całym świecie. Obecna jest w Danii, Norwegii, Szwecji, Finlandii, Polsce, Estonii oraz w wybranych miastach na świecie, gdzie ma swoje biura reprezentacyjne – w Nowym Jorku i Pekinie.
Nordea Bank Abp SA Oddział w Polsce to dwa piony: IT, zlokalizowany w Trójmieście i Warszawie oraz Centrum Operacyjne z siedzibą w Łodzi. W strukturach Nordea wyróżnia się także obszar Finansów, który w Warszawie podejmuje najbardziej zaawansowane role finansowe w banku. W 2020 roku liczba zatrudnionych osób w Polsce przekroczyła 4500 osób.
Nasi eksperci pracują nad kompleksowymi rozwiązaniami w zakresie utrzymania i rozwoju platform i systemów informatycznych, jak również dostarczają zaawansowane usługi finansowe, zapewniające stabilność działania pod kątem obsługi procesów bankowych.