Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia European Software & Engineering Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people, who create the largest ITC R&D in Poland. Our facilities in Wroclaw are located in three sites and accommodate one of the biggest test telecommunications labs in Middle and Eastern Europe. Apply and experience the adventure of a lifetime!!!
You have unique opportunity to be part of team of experts developing telecommunication systems deployed worldwide.
Our system component is responsible for developing the Physical Layer in the Up-link (L1 UL) of 4G technology and we are also starting with both Up-link and Down-link in 5G technology.
Until now our expertise covers various advanced solutions for 4G technology (LTE, LTE-Adv, Cat-M, NB-IoT) and we are eager to do the same for 5G!
You are applying for role in independent team dedicated to creating test software for above technologies using Python in Scrum methodology, which is essential in creating complicated embedded environments.
In everyday work, you will plan, design, review and maintain Python based applications and solution.
You will be responsible for creation of brand-new Python-based solutions as well as debugging, isolation and resolving issues. In your role you will work in close co-operation with local project people, as well as remote stakeholders.
- Telecommunication systems 4G and 5G
- Linux – as main build environment (yes you can use it on your host machine, any distribution)
- Cloud computing
- Matlab – as the reference model
- Python, Python3 and Bash – as leading programming/scripts languages
- Continuous Integration systems (GitLab and Jenkins)
- Testing frameworks from Unit Tests to System Component Tests
- Version control system: SVN and GIT
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Software Technology or equivalent education
- at least 2 years of professional experience with software development in Python
- Strong coding skills and Object Oriented Programming
- Practical experience in working on Linux OS using terminal
- Bash scripting knowledge
- Experience in working with Version Control Systems
- Experience Continuous Integration systems with CI tools
- Knowledge about Agile software development methodologies and lifecycle
- Analytical thinking
- Good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- Teamwork skills
- “Can do” mindset
- Ready to relocate to Wroclaw, living in or nearby
- Knowledge about basics of mobile networks systems
- Knowledge about SW testing techniques and methodologies
- Experience in TDD methodology
- Matlab experience
- Docker and GitLab CD/CI experience
- Front End development
Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o.
Nokia Solutions and Networks jest światowym liderem wśród dostawców usług telekomunikacyjnych. Spółka dostarcza kompletny asortyment produktów dla infrastruktury sieci mobilnych i stacjonarnych oraz odpowiada na rosnący popyt na usługi, dysponując 20 000 fachowców na całym świecie. Nokia Siemens Networks jest jedną z największych spółek infrastruktury telekomunikacyjnej. Firma działa w 150 krajach.