Apex Systems has been delivering staffing and services for more than 25 years. We connect top scientific, technology, digital, and engineering professionals at all career levels with companies across the world. We provide solutions within our core skill areas to transform how companies do business. With hundreds of thousands of successful matches and thousands of projects executed, we have built a reputation as one of the best in the business. Apex serves and delivers to its European clients and consultants through its European division, Oxford Global Resources Limited t/a Apex Systems.
Senior Security Engineer (Checkpoint/Fortinet and Python)
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This role focuses on device management, remediation, event analysis, and providing world-class customer service. Job responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems in complex customer networks, working in a global 24x7 organization. An ideal candidate will have prior NOC/SOC experience, working against timelines in a fast paced environment. A strong working understanding of Security platforms and technologies is necessary for a successful candidate. Excellent communication skills over video, web conference, and chat are required to succeed in the global Team.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Security or Network support.
- Strong practical knowledge of Security platforms and technology.
- Proven crisis management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Working, demonstrated hands-on product and technology skills in:
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Juniper Firewalls
- Fortinet Firewalls
- TippingPoint (Trend Micro) IDS/IPS.
Oxford Global Resources