Your role as a Senior Security Engineer- Resilient Systems will be to:
- Develop, test and deploy integration code for data and process flow between Resilient and other applications including: incident and task management, data query and enrichment, reporting, and complex workflow routing
- Support customers’ in-house development projects, providing design and implementation assistance as required
- Assist in proposal development and scoping, and provide realistic time estimates
- Be an evangelist for the Resilient Systems integration APIs. Develop elegant and readable proof-of-concept demonstrations, code samples, documentation and training materials
- Provide training to customers, partners, and other team members
- Manage several customer-facing projects concurrently
- Qualify, prioritize, and close technical customer problems
- Champion technical issues/features for customers, and work closely with the engineering team to deliver enhancements in the product and SDKs
By joining us you will become a part of independent team of professionals focusing on results in dynamic, fast paced projects environment, specifically in area of IAM/Security.
We promise you will never be bored with monotonic, day to day operational tasks. Instead, you will be tackling challenges requiring analytical and creative thinking. Our strategy assumes growth through which we will bring an accessible set of consulting skills to the market. We strive for our consultants to be well balanced between business and technology areas. Being part of us is a steep learning curve but also a lot of fun deriving from the culture of our team.
Oh, and did we mention the travelling to collaborate with our partners from around the world? Here’s a thought, if you think you’ve got what it takes and are equally excited about technology, we should at least have a chat.
- 2 year(s) customer-facing experience in a consulting role using Agile software development skills in either Java or Python, with application servers, relational databases, message queues, REST/JSON and SOAP web services using Linux-based cloud-enabled and on-premises servers
- 1 year(s) experience working with and/or building integrations for the IBM Resilient Incident Response Platform
- Experience with Security Operations Center software and tools, including Splunk, QRadar, and BigFix
- Experience with hardware virtualization software including VMWare Fusion and Virtual Box
- Experience utilizing Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) methods to capture client workflows and integration use cases
- Application,programming, and infrastructure knowledge; e.g. Apache Karaf/Camel/Tomcat, Django; PostgreSQL, git, bash, and PowerShell scripting;SSL/TLS certificate;IMAP/SMTP, Exchange, LDAP, Active Directory/SSO, Jinja2 templating
- Developing integrations with ITSM ticketing and workflow applications
Nice to have
- Experience with Swift, Scala, Go, and other languages is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver quality code to tight deadlines
- Working with great people and in legendary atmosphere
- No formal dress code
- Annual family picnics
- Unforgettable integrational events
- Employee volunteering opportunities and interesting CSR projects
- We value and respect diversity in terms of gender, nationality, roles, age, interests
- Internal celebration initiatives: Children's Day, St. Nicholas Day and many more
- Supporting employees' hobbies: Business Run, e-sport games, basketball, volleyball
- Development in expert or leader competencies
- Broad training offer with possible co-funding
- Access to Harvard Business Review knowledge base
- Introduction plan for new employees and Buddy Initiative
- A wide range of instructor-led and e-learning trainings
- Co-financing for post-graduate studies and courses
- Many companies under one roof / internal headhunters
- Internal development events: conferences, meetings, communities
- Bonuses, including those for new employees recommendation
- Additional life insurance
- Attractive package of extra benefits of your choosing (fitness, gym, cinema, etc.)
- Disability inclusion, assistive technologies, reasonable accommodations
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Bicycle parking and carpooling options
- Free coffee, water, milk and wide range of teas
- Anti-smog plants in offices
- Car leasing
Capgemini is one of leading global companies offering consulting and IT technologies.
The Cloud is fashionable – everyone’s talking about it, many use it, but only few know what it consists of, how it works, how to access it, and how to take care of it. It is us, Cloud Infrastructure Services, who understand the subject thoroughly. From high level services, through managing equipment and operating systems, internal or access networks to managing applications, IT operations, availability, configurations, and changes. By working in an international environment, we use a number of foreign languages.
Capgemini Polska Sp. z o.o.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. Capgemini Poland’s Business Services unit is at the forefront of innovation in areas such as HR Services, Finance & Accounting, Supply Chain, Intelligent Automation and Business Transformation. Our international team features people from 60 different nationalities, and we work on exciting, multi-lingual projects with some of the world’s leading brands.